Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5220 MusicXpress HOW TO INSTALL BASIC SOFTWA...

Registered Member
vishwas

Nokia 5220 MusicXpress HOW TO INSTALL BASIC SOFTWARE?

Hello all,

m having Nokia 5220 MusicXpress and unfortunately when i tried to get GPRS settings I lost my basic applications n softwares like 

Calculater, Musicplayer etc.... feom my cellphone... and whenever i try to listen the song it plays but i can not see th musicplayer and one dialog comes which says Not enough memory....

can anyone help out through this?> and yeah i want mobile dictionary also in english...... 

so anybody can plz help me how to reinstall those things? and how to get all settings as It was when I purchased it?:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Nokia 5220 MusicXpress HOW TO INSTALL BASIC SOFTWARE?

The 5220 XpressMusic is a Series 40 phone, so you cannot hard reset it yourself as you can with S60 devices.

The only thing you can do is try to reset the settings to factory defaults by entering *#7780#. If prompted for your lock code, that will be Nokia's default 12345 unless you've changed it.

In order to have the phone hard reset, you'll need to take it to a Nokia Care Point.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia 5220 MusicXpress HOW TO INSTALL BASIC SOFTWARE?

[ Edited ]

If the above suggestion does not work.. try re-installing the Firmware..

You may download the OVI Suite or the Software updater from

http://www.nokia.co.in/support/download-software/device-software-update

...and install on your PC

..Connect your phone to PC using the USB Cable..

and select Software update from the Tools Menu.. If update is available select that , else select Re-install..

Important : Take back-up before doing any of these..Also note that during the process, the phone may switch Off.. so do not panic and have patience.. It will get ON on its own.. Even when the process is finished, wait till the phone comes to life.. and do not disconnect or use the phone when the process is On.. Neglect any warnings displayed in Windows task bar too..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.