Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5220 Xpress music battery.

mantasaz
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5220 Xpress music battery.

Hi all. I have a problem. If i talk with my friends on my phone for like... 10 minutes it shows that the battery is low, but when i stop talking, and wait for like half hour, it again shows full battery. Is there a problem with my battery or my phone? If its my battery im about to buy a new one, cause its kinda cheap. Thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia 5220 Xpress music battery.

The battery that you currently have in your phone, is it new/old and is it a genuine Nokia battery? I have only ever noticed this behaviour with batteries that are past their prime or cheap non Nokia alternatives. 

Please use plain text.
mantasaz

Its old. I have it from 2009 christmas. Its original, got it with my phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Then it is probably past it's sell by and time to replace. I would suggest getting an genuine item and try not to get one that looks like it has been sitting on the shelf for a long time as lithium batteries deteriorate over time even if they were never used.

Please use plain text.
mantasaz

And how should i know how long has it been sitting there? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Best way that is to purchase from a Nokia store. Otherwise, a  reputable store with high turnover and you could also ask the store owner. You should also be able to check the manufacture date from the serial number but that would require getting the number and then contacting Nokia Care, which could take time. 

Obvious things to look our for a worn and dusty packaging which is a dead cert for old stock.

Please use plain text.