Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5300 - Hard reset?

Nokia 5300 - Hard reset?

Hi all,

I've got a problem with my Nokia 5300 XpressMusic (S40 phone). While searching for a good synchronisation tool (the Nokia Sync isn't really my piece of cake), one of those third-party tools I tried has been able to mess up my phone. The OS and all is still working, only the screen gets frozen during start-up (so I can still do everything, but without visual).

I have had this problem already some weeks ago, but I didn't suspected that tool then. That time, I've sent my phone to Nokia, and they managed to repair it (re-flashing or really resetting it, I guess).

But this time I'm trying to reset my mobile my self (as it takes some weeks sending it to Nokia and repairing it), but I can't seem to find the correct code... I have already tried *#7870#, which does work, but doesn't reset enough to get my phone working again. I tried starting up while holding "green phone" + "*" + "3", which seems to reset something too, but again not enough.

So, if anybody got some other resetting codes, or any other method to reset my mobile (e.g. by remote USB application, I tried OS upgrade, but it hangs at 25%), I'd greatly appreciate that :smileyhappy:

Thanks in advance,
maleadt
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Nokia 5300 - Hard reset?

It's not possible to hard reset an S40 phone yourself.

Your only options are factory reset or performing a software update using the nokia software updater but these don't do a full reset.

The only way to fully reset an S40 is at a care point or by sending it to nokia.
Please use plain text.

Too bad, seems like I'll have to send it to Nokia, again... Nokia Software Updater fails, as some post-reboot stuff (after the "test mode" message) don't get executed due to the phone been frozen.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Swap024

I have nokia 5300 and i forgot phone security password so please help how can i format my phone
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you have forgotten the Security Code.. then the ONLY solution is to get the code reset at Nokia Care...In absence of a back-up.. you tend to lose important data..

..and Yes.. Pl. carry the proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) that may be required to process your request..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mykacruise

[ Edited ]

i have a problem i forgot my password to my restore thats why im not restore my nokia 5300 what i should do?

Moderator's note: We have removed personal information from your post because we do not recommend you sharing this on a public discussions board.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

mykacruise wrote:

i have a problem i forgot my password to my restore thats why im not restore my nokia 5300 what i should do?

See Message 5 above..

Please use plain text.