Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5730 XpressMusic - How to delete the other f...

angidi
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5730 XpressMusic - How to delete the other files from the phone memory ??!

hey guys!! my phone memory has like literally filled up to 82 Mb in just a day... i normally keep my phone memory pretty clear.. and i have checked the memory status.. only the other files have taken upto 76MB.. i thought it was the bluetooth transfers but dats not the case.. my inbox is clear too! plzz give me a step wise intsructions so as i can delete the other files.. plz..!! thanks a ton in advance.. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia 5730 XpressMusic - How to delete the other files from the phone memory ??!

You need a File explorer like X-plore ( google for it..). But, be warned that delete any file ONLY if you are sure about its function.. Deleting any system file by mistake, may result in a non-working device.

Please use plain text.
angidi

Re: Nokia 5730 XpressMusic - How to delete the other files from the phone memory ??!

:/ so how am i gonna get rid of it?! im a total loser when it comes to all the gizmo stuff! :/ 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Are you using your phone for Internet ? If so, have you ever cleared the browser cache ? (available under Privacy in Browser options..)

Please use plain text.
angidi

Yes i use my phone mainly for the internet only.. and i have cleared the cache.. no use though..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You may have to Soft Reset the phone to bring it back to Out-of-Box state. Then Re-install all applications on the Memory card selecting ONLY those that you REALLY need. Its a time consuming process where you need to first Back-up all data thru' Nokia suite. This is a must because all data from the Phone memory will be wiped by this Reset. Then dial *#7370# followed by 12345 (Default code unless changed by you) when prompted.   

Please use plain text.