Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic keeps turning off

Mobile Visionary
zoro06

Re: Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic messed up

sorry for saying that

but if you tried to restart it times with no solution , so i think you'll need to hard reset it which will WIPE all your data on phone memory

press and hold green+red+camera buttons while pressing power button

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Counsellor
Soutyss

[ Edited ]

Hi all
Maybe this is a little bit cruel, and not-professional approach, but I'll tell you a story about my old 6600. I had exaclty the same problem, with my phone shutting down until... I dropped it on the floor.
Since that time it has been working perfectly :smileyhappy:
(However I am not telling you to throw your Nokia on the floor to fix the problem.)
Personally I think, that it may be an issue with connectors on battery.
Good luck :smileyhappy:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Albert Einstein

If you think that my advices were helpful for you anyhow, just hit the white star on the left. Thanks :smileywink:
g8mum

:smileyhappy: hi everyone i had a problem with my nokia 5800 it just kept switching it`s self off then i was on the web trying to find what i could do and found someone else was having the same problem and they said it was a battery concerting problem and that the battery was wobbling about in the housing .they found by putting two rolled up pieces of paper ( like a roll up) either side of the battery so the battery is wedged  in. I have done this to my phone and so far so good problem is sorted . i hope this works for others .

kind regards g8mum

Registered Member
Matthew_G

What I did to stop that is that i taped the battery to the phone and taped the back to the phone and also removed almost everything from the phone memory

maninthemoon

I had exactly the same issue with my nokia express music 5800. 
I was advised to buy a new battery but it was still switching off randomly.
I noticed the phone switched off when i slightly twisted it, which led me to think that the battery was loosing contact with the 3 terminals.

TO SOLVE THIS: i stuck 4 layers of selotape on the underside (hidden side) of the battery. This selotape was stuck only at the contact end of the underside. This spaced the battery outwards and creates more pressure on the 3 terminals and therefore there was more consistant contact.

Hope this fixes your problems or anyone else with the same issue! :smileyhappy:

Registered Member
altec

altec;

Hi there,

a few moyhs ago, i purchased a Nokia 5800 Xpress music. After a few moths he started truning off automattically. Sometimes he turns on afterwards, sometimes he does not.

It is really very anoiing. Because when I keep my obile phone in my pocket, I don't know If it turned off.

I tried to do a complete reset, but that didn't work. Also all updates are installed.

Is there any one who can help me with this problem or someone who has te same problem.

In the Nokia store the couldn't help me either.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP !!!!!!!!!!!