Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800XM says: "Phone start-up failed. Please ...

rogierwashier

Nokia 5800XM says: "Phone start-up failed. Please contact retailer."

Hello,

3 months ago, I got a Nokia 5800XM from a friend of mine, cause my own phone was demaged. It was a very nice phone. But 2.5 ago after I updated the firmware, says my phone: "Phone start-up failed. Please contact retailer.".

I've been to the retailer, but they said it's too difficult for them. I'm also been to a Nokia Care Point, and they said that a new 5800 was cheaper than to repair him.

The death vulcan grip/hard reset doesn't work. I tried it 30 times.

How can I fix this? I really want to use him. Another firmware is ok.

Kind regards,

Rogier

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia 5800XM says: "Phone start-up failed. Please contact retailer."

Bit surprising if you really got such responce from Nokia Care..because it MIGHT have just required firmware flashing which certainly will cost nowhere around the cost of new phone.. If possible, try another Nokia Care..

Please use plain text.