Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 6020 wont switch on

Nokia 6020 wont switch on

i have the nokia 6020, the other day i found my phone swiched off when i tired to turn it on, the lights on the phone turns on for 2-3 seconds then its goes off. The phone is not turning on, this happens every time i press the power button

last time this happened a third day i bought the phone(8 months back)i went to the nokia repair center and then said my phone software has a virus( this is not possible as it was a new phone unless it was a defective phone) so i paid for it and they reinstalled the phone
but now im facing the same problem, what should i do
can i restall the phone myself, last time when i gave it to the nokia care they deleted all the information in the phone
how do i reinstall the phone with out deleting the infomations on the phone.

any help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
bandofbrothers

I assume you have checked that this is not just a battery problem.

Unfortunatly a firmware flash will delete all the items you have provided.Their is no exception to this.

Make a back up of the items you want to re install after the nokia repair centre have carried this out.

I wonder if something in one of the itmes you have downloaded is causing the issues ?
Nokia Lumia 1020
iphone 5s16gb - black/slate

Be happy !!
Please use plain text.

so u think downloading is the cause, but my GPRS is not active, nor i have got any files from any one
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
bandofbrothers

a bit of a conindrum then !!

Might need the contacts cleaning.

Take it to a nokia centre.

Good luck
Nokia Lumia 1020
iphone 5s16gb - black/slate

Be happy !!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

how much did it cost u to get it fixed? i am having the same problem?????
Please use plain text.

i paid arround 700 Rupees (Indian currency)
Please use plain text.
Contributor

ok....does any1 know how much it cost in £££££?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

it may be a good idea to call the nearest Nokia engineer to you and ask them how much they think it may cost.

Cheers
-
Karim
Please use plain text.

sry, i dont know it in Uk, i just moved from india
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Thats fine, dont worry about it.

Thanks for making the post though - whilst it is not useful for gangsta I am sure it will be useful to others.

Cheers
-
Karim
Please use plain text.

I have found a solution for my phone problem

The problem which I mentioned earlier happens only when I insert a new GSM chip.
The other day I got my self a new GSM chip, when I inserted it ,the phone went off automatically and didn’t switch on

The solution:
Remove the battery and the GSM chip, and reinsert it and then switch on
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

the same situation for me, Nokia 6020 wont switch on, light switches on for 2-3 seconds and then goes out. and nothing happens, with or without a sim card.

But I found a solution, I left my phone for a night with a battery taken off. Next morning I switched it on and it said "Insert sim card". I inserted the sim, and then phone was asking for the correct time and date. Everything is ok now.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i am also experiencing the same problem
i tryed all of what i can that is given on this sight..none of them seem to have worked for me yet

if i can not get it to work again i think it could be worth keeping to sell for the parts??
Please use plain text.
Contributor

i have found the solution to this situation..

1. i gave it a good charge

2.i took the battery out for about 5 hours

3.it turned on and said insert sim card so i did now it works no problems

hope this works for you like it did for me

good lick
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Nokia 3110c wont switch on

[ Edited ]
I start up my 3110c using the button on top, it shows the Nokia logo then gets switched off, i need a quick solution, I've tried using nokia software updater but my device cannot be detected when it's switched off.
Message Edited by IonT1 on 23-Jan-2010 05:48 PM
Please use plain text.
iamsick

my phone is also not switch on..what can i do with this?please help me...thanks

Please use plain text.