Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6030

Nokia 6030

I have downloaded a new ringtone for my phone but when I try and use it the message "File format not supported" appears, any advice?
Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: Nokia 6030

What format is the new ringing tone?

- Pet
Please use plain text.

Truetone!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi i'm having the same problem the files i'm trying to send are .mmf
any ideas??
stacey
Please use plain text.

hi, i have 6030 with serial data cable, in nokia pc-suite 6030 is not listed, which software i can use to connect the mobile with pc?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

the 6030 doesnt work with nokia pc suite, there is no data cable from nokia for this phone. if you have a serial cable, probably someone just conned you..
Please use plain text.

on that serial cable, a sticker, NOK 6030 with serial number, and also that cable is mentioned on the nokia site http://nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,28163,00.html , but ...
here in market , a shop's owner uses same cable for 6030, but he is not telling the name of software for this....
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Hi Khurram,

I don't see where on the Nokia Asia site you are seeing mention of the NOK 6030 cable. This is actually a 3'rd party cable and is not manufactured by Nokia. You can see all the Nokia manufactured enhancements compatible with the 6030 listed here:
http://nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,8764,71374,00.html

The mini-USB connector on the bottom of the 6030 is not in fact there for connection to PC Suite. The connector is present on the bottom of the phone for use by authorised service points.

Regards,

Andrewc
Please use plain text.

the cable which i have is specified for nokia 6030, may be its a third party, but this is not the mini-usb , this is serial, and it connects with the support of battery, the space below battery(i think ram of mobile) it has 3 pins, which touches the ram of the mobile. it is plugg by opening back cover, then removing battery, and battery fixed in that connector, and then by placing the battery in the phone, but in inclined position....and ppl here uses same cable to connect with the pc, and copy the ringtones, i too copied a ringtone from them of 25rs per tone, but now i want to do same myself, but they don't tell me the name of software, they said it is not to free to give to anyone...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

then this is defintely not a nokia cable. they dont do serial cables any more.

basically, the 6030 is not advertised as compatible with pc suite, and it is not advertised as compatible with any nokia manufactured data cables
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi i got same cable as khurram said... but i can't use it correctly because of no software... some said Oxygen Manager II can try but i can't work properly.. and here some said that Mobile Media Browser 2.0 is work but i can't do it also.. so what can i do????
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

there is not much you can do. nokia dont provide software or a cable for use with this phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have connected and use the data cable for that the same one u said ...it works with MobiMb ....and the cable type u have to mention is FBUS...it works fine for ring tone exchange and theme ...what I want is to connect it for PC -Suite which I cant find and got pretty dishartened as Nokia has not made any cable for this version
Please use plain text.