Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 6103b problem (1800 MHz + Globe Telecom)

Contributor

Nokia 6103b problem (1800 MHz + Globe Telecom)

My Nokia 6103b has extremely poor (or even no) signal reception when used with Globe Telecom in the Philippines. With the following results on hand, do you think this is a firmware or an operator problem?

Background:
There are 3 operators in the Philippines: Globe (900/1800), Smart (900/1800) and Sun Cellular (1800).

I brought back my T-Mobile branded but unlocked phones when I came back to the Philippines. Both Nokia 6103b ( 1 year old) and Siemens CF62T (3 years old) can operate at 850/1800/1900. I also borrowed a friend's Motorola quadband phone.

Using a Globe SIM, both Motorola and Siemens phones had max signal bars. However, the Nokia 6103b could not even detect the Globe network. Switching to manual network search, all phones detected the presence of the other 2 networks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Nokia 6103b problem (1800 MHz + Globe Telecom)

I should have added that in some places, the Nokia phone can see the Globe network but the signal is weaker than those received by other phones.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
android

Check if you got the latest firmware for your phone, else upgrade by NSU.

Knowledge not shared is knowledge wasted!

If you find it helpfull, it's not hard to click the STAR..

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
The 6103 can't be updated via NSU.
http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4226014

Update: Called up the local Nokia Care Center and the 6103 is not supported locally (firmware not available).

Message Edited by boingk on 02-Jan-2008 03:40 AM
Please use plain text.
Sage
blue200316

have u tried ur Nokia 6103b with other sim??if still the same problem ...and nokia care doesn't solve ur problem u can use signal boosters it may solve ur problem(but signal booster can only b used inside ur house)
Please use plain text.