Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6233 - Restarts automatically

Contributor
skunner2k4

Nokia 6233 - Restarts automatically

I need help with my fone:

I recently bought this phone during christmass 2006, i noticed that everytime I play music the fone suddenly restarts without any warning. I'm not sure if it's only the music which causes this but thats when i only seen it happen? can any one help. thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tamjames75

Re: Nokia 6233 - Restarts automatically

I've been having a problem like that one and found out it was due to the fact I had turned the delivery reports on for the multimedia messaging and did a factory reset and didn't turn them on again and it worked fine.
Please use plain text.
Sage
coopere

mine does the same thing. don't know why. i've upgraded to the latest firmware and it still happens.
everything happens for a reason
check out my blog @ http://mycellife.blogspot.com/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
skunner2k4

Yeh I upgraded to the new firmware 2 days ago, and it didn't happened until today!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
skunner2k4

I switched on multimedia report delivery, thought i'll give it a try, not bothered to format fone...lol. Has any one unlocked there model if it aint already sim free!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
skunner2k4

[ Edited ]
It seem that since I switched on multimedia report delivery the fone does not restart automatically. Recommended!

I just noticed that a previous reply says that someone switched off the mm report delivery and it didn't switch off automatically, wierd! Mine happens the other way round.

Message Edited by skunner2k4 on 27-Feb-2007
08:09 PM

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
I experienced once before, when I was playing a music. It was always the same song that caused the phone to restart. I removed that problem song and then the phone did not restart anymore.

I am not sure why the files(sometimes the JPG files and once it was a song) in the memory card can get corrupted (card quality or the phone).

Message Edited by ngumh on 03-Mar-2007
02:03 PM

Please use plain text.
Contributor
skunner2k4

Do you which song because I may know why, I used to have a 6630 and noticed the fone never played songs with a long name on it, i mean very long, this might be a problem with the 6233 but in this case it switches off. Is your song title long...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I haven't come across problem with long song title.
2 days ago, I am the same problem repeated on a song which is a short title.
I go back to my notebook computer to transfer the same MP3 song one more time, to override the one in the phone. Then that song played fine (no more restart of phone).
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jokerfaceless

Hi friends.
I just have your problem too!
I tried all things that may cause this,removing memory card,master reseting the phone,format phone and mem,even removing CIM...!
I still have the problem... what should I Do? my phone version is 6.03.08,I have downloaded the latest firmware but i'm afraid to install it cause I read a note in nokia that says it may kill my phone (Died Phone),anyway if I risk and try it,may that solve the problem?
*Note:I saw in the phone technical information that there is no pre-installed game on the phone, but when I bought this phone, one game was installed (Snake,which can be found in 6600).
Can this cause this problem?
Thanks a lot if you help me with this.
There is no knowledge, that is not power.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Oliv3r90

Hey Guys,

You are all thinking way to complicated. There is no flashing, resetting, updating or whatever nassesery on this one. The problem is that the phone memory is very small in the 6233. Actually if it is to full than you can get restarts, crashes etc. So the only thing important here is keeping your phone memory free, you will see that all the problems will solve themselves afther that. So just buy a memory card and store all your data on that.

Greetings Oliver

Please use plain text.