Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6233 Wont fully start up

Nokia 6233 Wont fully start up

Can anyone help!?

When I turn my phone on, the nokia logo comes up and does the hand shake animation thing then it stays on a white screen with just the green battery level on display. I can key numbers and dial out succesfully but cannot view anything else. No menu, contacts, messages, applications ect. The battery level is fine and I have recharged it.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

Re: Nokia 6233 Wont fully start up

Hi adams,

It sounds like a software fault, you should get the software updated.
Go to your local Nokia Care Point.
You can find the nearest NCP to you at the Store Locator
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Before doing that you could try a hard reset.

Switch the phone off and do the following.

1) Press and hold the green "call", "3" and "*" buttons.
2) With those buttons pressed down, switch the phone on.
3) Keep pressing those 3 buttons and only release them once the phone shows signs of life such as the Nokia "hands" logo or the language selection screen.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

That method only works on smartphones, not series 40's like the 6233.

One last thing to try is to start the phone without the memory card and sim card in and see if it boots.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

My bad. I was certain that the 6233 was a S60 phone but I'm obviously wrong there. Apologies to the OP for the false lead...

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

If that does work without sim or mmc then once you have the handset in a working mode, go to the settings menu and do a "reset to factory settings".
This will delete your data though, but hopefully should fix it.
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.

Thanks for the advice guys but no luck im afraid.

Do they charge at these Nokia care point places?

Can I not do anything with my connectivity cable to help?

And if I cant get my phone started, can I retrieve my contacts somehow?
Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]
If your handset is still under warranty, it should be free of charge. This should be your best option.

=)

Message Edited by josekym on 13-Jun-2008 05:50 AM
Please use plain text.

I have the same trouble. Nokia has redone the software 3 times and are willing to do it again, but thats hardly the point. not much use having a phone if it lets you down. I have not been impressed and am looking at another make of phone now.
Please use plain text.