Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6280 - Flash Messaging

Contributor

Nokia 6280 - Flash Messaging

Greetings All,
My nokia 6280 hand book is quite insistent that my phone contains a function called Flash Messaging.
However, I am unable to find this on my handset!!! Ive trawled my handset menus but to no avail. Where is this promised function and how can I access it?
Iam very grateful for any advice :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: Nokia 6280 - Flash Messaging

[ Edited ]
instructions on sending a flash message are on page 40 of the user guide.

you can download it from here: http://europe.nokia.com/link?cid=PLAIN_TEXT_6033

Message Edited by karim on 14-Sep-2006
01:51 PM

Please use plain text.

Me & my girlfriend both have 6280's with the same firmware, she can flash message but i can't. Took it to a Nokia repair centre & was told i needed to update my firmware to sort the problem.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'd imagine this si something that's set by the network. I've got the newest firmware 3.81 and don't have the option. It was also not on my previous firmware 3.36. On 3UK
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Seraphim, as i mentioned my hand book indicates i should have this function, so yes, i have READ both the handbook and phone menus closely.There is no option to flash msg on my phone.

Thankyou Uzziel & User123, i will look into both the network(am on 3 Australia)and firmware situations, think it might be the latter though.

Thanks so much for your help!
Please use plain text.

This might help. If you go in to interactive and go down to text plus then go into flash, it tells you to put !! at the beginning of a message. I have tried this and it works.

Tazzie
Please use plain text.