Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6280 & how do i reset my voicemail number..

Advisor

Nokia 6280 & how do i reset my voicemail number..

[ Edited ]
..as i've somehow set it to '123' (the talking clock) so when i try to check my voicemail i'm just getting what time it is and not my messages.

my instruction book for the phone says i can go into messaging > voice messages and then select the 2nd option which is (the first option being listen to vm messages) voicemail mailbox number to enter,search or edit the number but my phone just says 'not allowed' when i press select. Please help me.

UPDATE: I've found a workaround for my problem by putting my vm number on as a speed dial on a different keypad number. However i would still like to know how to fix the problem. :smileytongue:

Message Edited by wy2k on 15-Apr-2006
09:37 PM

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Nokia 6280 & how do i reset my voicemail number..

Sorry to be a pain...but as I have mentioned I have found a workaround.
However i would really like to know how to officially fix the problem of having the incorrect voicemail number as when I get a new message my phone automatically asks if I would like to listen to it, but I’m unable to use this feature as it dials the talking clock! (123).

Please shut me up by telling me what you know works to fix the problem.

I haven't mentioned it before but if it helps I'm with T-mobile and I brought the phone from a T-mobile shop.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Go to Messaging > Voice Messages > Voice mailbox number. Input your number and that's it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
:smileysad: already said i've tried that i think.

i've tried what you've said and it just says '! not allowed' when i press select.
Plus theres already a number set for it '123' what i'm trying to do is change it to the right one or get rid of it!!.

sorry about the '!' but i have been waiting for nearly 4 days now for an answer that works.

Message Edited by wy2k on 18-Apr-2006
08:42 PM

Please use plain text.
Sage

On the Three network, I can simply go to Menu --> Messaging --> Voice Messages --> 'Voice mailbox number' and then change the number to what ever it should be.

If your network had blocked you changing it, give them a call (if you're on contract, it should be free) and they can message you the settings which sould automatically update your voicemail numbers.
Aubs
Please use plain text.
Advisor

ok ta i'll give taht a go
Please use plain text.
Advisor

fixed now - thankyou
Please use plain text.

18-Apr-2006
08:11 PM
chrispatching wrote:
Go to Messaging > Voice Messages > Voice mailbox number. Input your number and that's it.

here i thought i was going to have to send a post in, but i didn't thanks to the members who have given their answer on how to solve the problem. this is the most helpful site i have ever used and thats all down to fellow members who like to help fellow users.

THANK YOU TO YOU ALL ;O)
Please use plain text.
Sage

That's what the forums are all about :smileyvery-happy:
Aubs
Please use plain text.

Hi - Ive just been given a 6280 by an a friend thats now emigrated and unfortunately cant find the forwarding address.

problem is, i regularly have to access my voicemails via my work landline as mobiles cant be used at work and i dont know the pin number to access them - im now on 02 but the phone was originally on tbe 3 network and of course under a different name - any ideas how i can get round this one please??
Petal
Please use plain text.