Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6288 missed call / text alert / beep ??

Nokia 6288 missed call / text alert / beep ??

Hi, I am using a nakia 6288. in my other Motorolla E770v phone when ever I missed a call or text, it gave a Beep Beep Sound or Vibration every 5 or 10 Mins following the initial alert if you had a missed call or new text message.....

This was great since if I was on the other room and didn't hear the call / text then I would hear the remindr when I came back, I didnt have to check and click my phone every now and then. 

Can any one help me with getting an audio / vibration / audible reminder ?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: Nokia 6288 missed call / text alert / beep ??

Unfortunately this isn't possible on the 6288.

Audible alerts like this exist on no Nokia phones that I know of. Recent S60 devices have a visual alert in the form of a blinking light.

There is 3rd party software available to make the phone give an audible alert after the fact, but only for Symbian-based S60 phones. There is no such application that I'm aware of for Java-based S40 phones such as the 6288.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.