Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6300 Internet Config problem

Nokia 6300 Internet Config problem

Hi !!

In my Nokia 6300, I have recived all configurations for wap/internet and MMS. My problem is, still I'm unable to connect to internet using in built softwares as well as softwares I installed later on phone. Error message is "subcribe to packet data first". Everytime, when I trying to use inbulit mail client, Yahoo GO, Automatic software update option in phone OS, I get above mentioned error.

But I can browse the web by typing the web address(main menu -> web -> Go to address). Only prob is, I cannot use inbuilt and installed softwares.

Can anyone help me with this ?
Please use plain text.
Sage
knowledge

Re: Nokia 6300 Internet Config problem

You need to have a default access point setup on the phone.

You may use this link to have it setup on your phone : http://europe.nokia.com/A4144889
Knowledge should be your Advisor when you need help.
1610»2110»8110»5110»3310»6210»7250i»6220»6230»6230i»6233

Love me or hate me, its still an obsession. Love me or hate me, that is the question. If you love me then Thank you! If you hate me then ...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I can access web the same way. But nothin else.. I tried settings from nokia and also from service provider( Vodafone, India). It's just useless :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Sage
kflyer

You need to have the Preferred Access Point set. And sometimes, after saving the settings, you may need to Activate Default in All Applications. Try these. Hope they help.

Mobile Royale - Latest News, Reviews and Software for Mobiles

Aero Everyday - Aviation News and Insights

GoMobile Forums-The best mobile technology discussions

Please visit http://alifeofmisery.blogspot.com or www.miserylife.tk and help someone smile.

Dreaming of a 5320XpressMusic - 128MB RAM makes up for the 2MP cam !
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Noope still its not working :smileysad: I tried sim in my friends sonyericcson z550i and found opera mini working. So it's problem with configuration(nokia 6300)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fooyw368

Try asking your provider(that is the easy way) the hard way... setup yourself
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Diderot

Has anyone solved this?  I also have this problem.  My provider refers me to nokia.ca and do a software update, which I did, to no avail.

I have the latest software update (V 07.21)

My provider: Fido, aka microcell (Canada)

Note: phone has been debranded

My Opera Mini 5.0 was able to install and operate on my SonyEricsson T715a.  That is why I assume it's a configuration problem on my Nokia 6300 handset.  The custom browser won't even work  on the 6300.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
canchi

mine works now.

my phone also debranded. 

I can install Opera Mini 5 (and few other programs)

but somehow google map doesn't work well.

try downloading Opera mini 5 from your computer, save it to memory card then try again.

Please use plain text.