Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 6300 bluetooth modem drivers, where and how ...

Nokia 6300 bluetooth modem drivers, where and how to install?

Hi all,
this is my first time here,
i bought N6300 and a dongle
installed all drivers.
in pc suit when i tried ' one touch access' for internet through my phone to pc. no modem was detected. Then I downloaded inf from Nokia site. Its a 6.3kb inf file. they ask it to install.
Please tell me how to install this file or if it has to be just copy in a specific folder then let me know.

regards,
Vee
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
asem305

Re: Nokia 6300 bluetooth modem drivers, where and how to install?

by a dongle i guess ou mean a bluetooth dongle. the file you downloaded is the driver file for blutooth modem use without nokia pc suite but since you have nokia pc suite installed you shouldn't need any other drivers as they are installed with the suite.
anyway it seems your bluetooth is not confiqured to work with all services offered by the device, to allow such services connect your device to computer through bluetooth. after connection and pairing click on the bluetooth icon in the task bar , choose settings, and choose " configure services" make sure you click ever possible service there is , specially the "dial-up networking". after that you shuols restart your computer.
this way you have all services allowed through bluetooth configured to work with your 6300.
if you prefer to do it manually you can check this page on microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883259

now you should be able to conect your device to nokia pc suite and use the one touch access with no problem.

if at any point while installing the networking service if the computer asked for a modem driver you can direct the search to the file you downloaded , but i don't think that will happen as it's already installed with nokia pc suite.
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge
Please use plain text.

Re: Nokia 6300 bluetooth modem drivers, where and how to install?

Thanks brother..... :smileyhappy:
the link u suggested was useful for understanding how to install a bluetooth modem.
Please use plain text.