Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia 6500s (6500 Slide)

Contributor

Nokia 6500s (6500 Slide)

My phone is only approx 4 months old and i've had so many problems

- Turns off on own
- Turns off then won't turn back on for more than 5 seconds before dying. (Worked out that you need to clear the cache vary quickly to get it working again - if that helps anyone having the same prob)
- Messages are said to be sent but never arrive, and is not a carrier issue
- Won't play music files as ringtones
- Video won't work
- Memory card has now started to not show up as an optional folder to view or store, even though it is correctly in the phone and has not been damaged.

And now the latest, it has completely died on me. Can't turn it on at all - will get to the Nokia page then the screen flickers, turns black and then switches off.

And the worst part of all this... it has wiped all my contacts (that i need for work) from my simcard, where i thought they would be safely stored. I have inserted the simcard into another nokia phone to discover this.

I have also tried plugging the dead phone into the computer in a faint hope of it working and being able to get my contacts out but it Nokia PC Suite can't find a connection (and yes, i've checked it multiple times).

I'm seriously in need of help - HELP!

If anyone has ANY ideas of how to get my contacts list out of the phone i would be extremely greatful!

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Nokia 6500s (6500 Slide)

Sorry to hear about your phone problems. Sounds like you got a Monday morning phone.

Anyway, I presume you did not backup your phone. If you did, you could restore it to another compatible Nokia phone. Alternatively, do you still by any chance have your old phone.

Contributor

I backed up the contacts every couple of months, so i've lost all the new ones (approx 30), plus all my appointments in the calendar and all saved sms's.
To be honest, I'm so fustrated that I've given up on the phone now and i've put my simcard into a very old Motorola while i try to get to the nokia service centre - as i'm guessing thats now my only option?

Anyone want a non-working 6500 slide, almost new.. free to good home!
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Your phone is still under warranty so I am sure you will get it back in working order soon.

Contributor
the_enforza

ive had some problems 2 with my 3 day old 6500s

1.screen bleed
2.battery runs out quik
3.wallpaper automatically deletes
4.cuts off durin calls
5.says that a messag thit ive got is recived 1 hr 2 mins in2 the future
and finally no.6.constantly says that its diverting the call im reciving
so if uve got a solution plz help
Contributor

Yes still under warranty - but hoping I can exchange for another model all together! Very disappointing and poor form from Nokia to actually come out with such a bad phone ... its actually ruined my strong attachment to the brand and my view of Nokia as a reliable and reputable phone provider.

Does anyone know if they will be recalling this model seeing as soooo many people are having issues with it?
Counsellor

is your software updated? This is a typical issue for the 6500.
Contributor

Dude its 4 months old, would seriously hope it doesnt need a software upgrade so soon after purchase??

Even if it does, its still dead while i try to organise a day off work to get it fixed.

Request for the nokia centres - can you please stay open after normal business hours on a weekday? Or more than just a few hours on a Saturday?