Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 6700 classic "E-mail settings" menu item...

Sage

Nokia 6700 classic "E-mail settings" menu item gone/disappeared/not available!

In the "message settings' option menu, "e-mail settings" isn't available. I have managed to set up several email accounts by simply going into the 'email" option in the "messaging" menu, but I can't set the phone to check for emails automatically or to notify me of new emails, etc, etc, in other words, I have no menu option, for adjusting the settings for emails.

I am running the latest version of the software, version 10.60. Can anybody help with this?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
debilo_2

Re: Nokia 6700 classic "E-mail settings" menu item gone/disappeared/not available!

Nokia introduced the new mail client with FW 10.50. The new mail client is actually better than the old one except that notitfications about new mail don't work and pulling in intervals is not possible. That alone halves the phones value for me. The integrated photo function is rubbish as well, as it only allows much smaller pictures than the old one and isn't integrated into the system.

Read my thread on this at /t5/Messaging-Email-and-Browsing/Email-notifications-on-S40/td-p/648343

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: Nokia 6700 classic "E-mail settings" menu item gone/disappeared/not available!

That makes no sense at all to me. The 6700 classic is, like most recent Nokias, an infuriating device for how close it comes to "quite good but for daft decisions or design." First the phone doesn't have the standard 3.5mm jack. Then the phone won't play radio over loudspeaker. Now the basic email settings menu has disappeared. I don't understand this email issue. Surely, removing the 'e-mail settings' option from the menu makes little to no sense at all. Why can't I set my phone to update me that I've received new mail? And why does Nokia insist on fixing things that aren't broken with every new model they release? My, Nokia has become a frustrating company...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cgderham

I'm also having this problem from updating to 10.50.

You say it's got an intergrated email client? Where is this?

Can we still send emails with the new firmware?

Please use plain text.
balrog77

Hi

I've got the same problem... did you ever find the email client on the 10.50 version of the Nokia 6700?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jamerspad

I have just bought a new 6700 and there are no email settings available? any soluction for this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action

Download from here..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Trivolt

try to software update your devices. it will help you a lot. . I have the same problem.. after performing a software update.. the problem was fixed..

please hit the White star if you find this helpful
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jamerspad

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply, but this link is for messaging and only supports 6700 slide? cant see option for downloading anything here? and i if I select the 6700 slide this is the useless message that yuou get

"Your mobile phone already has the latest Nokia Messaging software installed. To setup Nokia Messaging directly from your phone, go to Menu > Email > New > Follow on screen instructions.

Don't forget to Accept the Service Terms"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jamerspad

This is the 2nd new 6700 as I did a firmware upgrade yesterday and got a blank screen after doing it via the phone, so took the phone back, now reluctant to do it again incase i get the same issue

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AbelMN2

Yes, I have have the same problem: and when you can upgrade to V 13.10: do not upgrade because than your yahoo and/ or Live messengers are not available anymore. And the Nokia Chat is rubbish !  And your Bluetooth does not work properly anymore!

I wrote a letter to Nokia to which they never responded. No wonder the Nokia sales are going down.  It's a disgrace! My last Nokia !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AbelMN2

My advise: do not upgrade:

Yes, I have have the same problem: and when you can upgrade to V 13.10: do not upgrade because than your yahoo and/ or Live messengers are not available anymore. And the Nokia Chat is rubbish !  And your Bluetooth does not work properly anymore!

I wrote a letter to Nokia to which they never responded. No wonder the Nokia sales are going down.  It's a disgrace! My last Nokia !

Please use plain text.