Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 6700c-1 changing background to text msg ...

Advisor
chrinok
Accepted Solution

Nokia 6700c-1 changing background to text msg screen

Can anyone tell me how to change the background for text messaging.  I'm starting to get cataracts and the screen is getting very hard to see (eg where the curser is).  My current screen gets darker as you go down the screen, so text at the bottom does not stand out and I can't see what I am typing!  I have already changed the font to large.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Nokia 6700c-1 changing background to text msg screen

Which theme is active?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chrinok

When you go into settings it says that Silver.nth is the theme.  I guess you are saying that changing themes will change the background.  So I will have a little play with it.  And let you know!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chrinok

I have now changed to Light.nth - and so far it is looking much better. Need to see what its like in daylight, but could be good. Thanks. It is obviously the area that I need to work on - who would have thought that themes means background!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

I was just curious because a built-in theme should not create such an issue. Your display contrast might be at a wrong value – only Nokia Care Centres are able to change that officially. Anyway, some phones were sold with silly themes. Perhaps somebody from Nokia double-checks here because I do not have a Nokia 6700 classic at hand right now to check myself.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chrinok

Just to add, I have just checked in outside sunlight and I can see what I have written!  Difficult to say whether white on black or black on white is better - white on black seems marginally clearer.  Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Please use plain text.