Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 7230 net connection

Contributor
VEdr

Nokia 7230 net connection

I've bought nokia 7230 slide with 3G. I have activated GPRS connection. The integrated browser is working. But other applications are not able to connect to net. Not even the opera browser. I've tried everyhting. I tried to switch on the cookies and disable security notifications. But they r not working.Currently I'm having BSNL connection.Even i can connect the phone to computer and use it as modem to connect the net. It is also working there. In the opera mini case it says check ur internet settings. I downloaded a new version of opera even it doesn't work it says "the product is not from an authorised supplier. Allow the connection."Some one pls help.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tfnsn

Re: Nokia 7230 net connection

your default acces point must be set to internet , apn:internet . . . Wap and other acces points causes problems . . .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aks_gkp

how do u use bsnlnet in nokia 7230, I am unable. Pl guide.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
VEdr

Sir,
I tried it all but it didn't help. Could u plz provide another solution
Please use plain text.
Contributor
VEdr

Just dial 1503. And ask the customer care for settings. After getting the settings u could just start browsing.or hope u'll be having the setings open the open the internet section go to net settings and select bsnl live. And then u r done 4 browsing on mobile.
Hey is ur opera mini working if u'r having any idea plz reply.
Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

goto configuration setting
Open defualt configuration
Select bsnlnet if available
Activate it as a defualt configuration
Use this defualt accesspoint for all application
Exit and try opera mini

What result do you get?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
VEdr

Sir,
i tried ur suggestion but when i opened opera it was same as earlier the icon of E appeared but it didn't got boxed. And the opera showed error.
There is another problem my mobile time does get updated. Whenever i take out the battery every it shows to enter the time but when i exit it. Default time is set i.e. 9:00 an and date is 4 april 2010. My auto update is öut working.
Please use plain text.
sulaiman_1989

Hi sir

As i checked you Details i suggest you to create manual Access point  for you phone .... Follow the steps

Menu > Settings > Configuration > Personal settings > And Click Add or Give Option and Select Add New > Access Point > Account name > Access Point Name ( Take this from Your Operator the Access point Which you use to connect Pc and This is same ) Once you created it Come back and give option and Select Activate

Have a check if any Probs replay

Please use plain text.
Professor
pudu

according to your earlier post, if you are using bsnllive, as a defualt configuration, this is not available for other opplications, only phone browser.

Note: your simcard comes with 1 accesspoint preloaded('BSNLEGPRS' i don't know for your circle) which is only meant for postpaid subscriber. configuration names like bsnlive, celloneportal, have limited access(if those configurations are set as defualt, you will be taken to wap.cellone in page when you pressed 0(zero) for 3sec)

I would like to request you, cross check it again in 'defualt configutation' and 'activate in all application'
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sweet56

follow these steps
menu-settings-configurations-personal settings-add new-acess point-acesspoint name --bsnlnet try it
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GhozT

i have exacly d same problem..my opera works bt no other third party software...all give an error dat there is no cnnction....im frustrated...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GhozT

btw how r u using it as a modem with pc?? plz help
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mlin3235

I'm having similar problems on my Nokia 7230 on the T-mobile network in the US.

The web browser works great, albeit not 3G due to frequency differences. However, all the preinstalled apps such as Opera, Ovi Store, Ovi browser cannot find a network connection.

"Communication Error: Check you have coverage and try again."

My connectivity settings for the GPRS modem are:

Access point 1 as the active access point.

.....and for Web Configuration settings:

• Configuration: Personal Configuration (the only other choice is "Default" which kills the web browser connection)

I'm hesistant to contact T-mobile since it's not one of their supported devices (i.e this phone isn't sold in the US)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ovisuit

how can i use free internet on my nokia7230, plz help me. there is some editing process but i dont know if any one knows help me as soon as possible...............?????????????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Eddysupport3451

i hav a nokia 7230 when i tried to download game or application it say connection everytime even d same with open sme application.any help God bless u dat u r able
Please use plain text.