Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 7705 Twist -- not a twist afterall

Nokia 7705 Twist -- not a twist afterall

Why would Nokia design a phone with a "twist" and the twist hinge comes undone easily and does not last longer than 30 days?  Was it just a manufacturer defect or a design flaw?  Bought this device with excitement, only to find out, that after less than 30 days, per Verizon Wireless rep, if it's replaceable, it would cost me additional $50?  I would have to ship the phone and it will be determined by VZ whether it's covered or not; however, the rep did say it has been a common problem and she recalls that there might have been recall on it.  If there was a recall, why was it still in the market and as a consumer, was not informed?  I would transfer my service to another phone model but I'd be liable to disconnect the old with early termination fee and open a new account.  It's absurb! 
Please use plain text.