Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia 8800 Sirocco - good or bad buy?

Nokia 8800 Sirocco - good or bad buy?

[ Edited ]
I'm thinking of entering into my first contract tomorrow and wanted an Nokia 8800 Sirocco
My friend works for a phone shop and can get me one on Orange.
Would anyone avoid it? I heard the battery life was terrible on the 8800, is it the same issue with the sirocco? Also, I have a N70 at the moment but don't use email, from reading the forum it appears people are having a lot of trouble with email? Is it something that goes wrong even if you don't use email?
Any advice would be very welcome
Cheers
Rob

Edited by Orinocoto remove 'advertising'.

Message Edited by orinoco on 17-Oct-2006
09:16 AM

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
bandofbrothers

Re: Nokia 8800 Sirocco - good or bad buy?

Ive read and heard from friends that the battery has been improved from the 8800 series although it is supplied with two batteries also.

I have the original 8800 and im very satisfied with it.

I dont use the camera and music,video and bluetooth functions which all add up to drain the battery.

I get 2-3 days from each battery.

The scricco has a better camera {which i dont use} and has the powersaver option cured. ie : it scrolls down the screen unlike the 8800 which does not which in time caused the lcd screen burn. It has also a better keypad, although im not sure about the thumb indentation on the slider..lol

My advice is go for it and you have been offered a decent contract too !!

I would try for a 12 month contract tho.

Some users have experienced difficulty when attempting to use the e mail function as it disappeared from the menu system when accessed. If you use e mail from your service provider then ask to try a demo fone to see what happens.

I dont use it myself as my provider gets enough money from me as it is..lol

Good luck with your choice and yes im well jealous....
Nokia Lumia 1020
iphone 5s16gb - black/slate

Be happy !!
Please use plain text.