Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 200 - No signal in the USA

MisterHemi
Accepted Solution

Nokia Asha 200 - No signal in the USA

Hello,

I bought a dual SIM Nokia 200 (also called the Nokia Asha 200) in the Philippines so I could use it in the U.S. to call and text back to the Philippines.

It worked fine when I was there with all 3 SIM cards - Smart, Sun and Globe..... I activated international roaming before I left the Philippines.

Upon arriving in the U.S. I have no signal at all.... no bars.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

As far as I know it's a GSM phone ( and we also use GSM here too.

Please use plain text.
MisterHemi

Re: Nokia Asha 200 - No signal in the USA

Also I tried to reset the phone. I never set a password/pass code for it and the default pass code 12345 doesn't work.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The reason is your Phone can work with GSM Frequencies 900 / 1800 MHz as mentioned here ... Whereas the GSM Frequencies in the USA are 850 / 1900 as mentioned here ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anumayoor

I also have nokia asia 200, and same issue as explained above. Is there any way we can make this phone work in the US? will the carrier ( in my case At&t) be able to do anything about this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

No.. Can't be done ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tasnee

Nokia Asha 200 - No signal

hi,

i bought nokia asha 200 ,1 month ago... it workd fine! but for few days it shows some problems with network. i will loose the signal completely sometimes and the only solution to get signal is to restart the phone. i  reinstall the software version 11.81... but of no use.... its very annoying. please somebody give me a solution.. is a hardware problem??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia Asha 200 - No signal

Have you confirmed that its not a Network issue ? Can you try another SIM (you may borrow from your friends / family members) to confirm if they work fine. If they do, then get your SIM replaced thru' your Operator. Most Operator will do it for Free..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tasnee

Re: Nokia Asha 200 - No signal

thank you for ur reply :smileyhappy:

nokia 200 is dual sim phone... i use diferent sims in my mobile... how come both the operators got network problems simultaniously. also this will happens 3 to 4 times a day.....

Please use plain text.