Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Asha 200 and Asha 201 (incomplete softwa...

Advisor
incorporatedto
Accepted Solution

Nokia Asha 200 and Asha 201 (incomplete software after update)

Dear Nokia Support,

I own a Nokia Asha 200 and Nokia Asha 201, two very nice and good phones, however, I have updated my phones today to the latest Software Version 11.81. I have done the update as instructed by the Nokia Suite and did not pay any attention to the Windows Warnings given, as instructed by the Nokia Suite.

We'll, whilst updating the phone, I noticed that Windows gave the following warning "Hardware ID missing, contact manufacturer", as stated by the Nokia Suite I did not pay any attention to this warning and let the program continue to update my Nokia Asha 200 and Asha 201.

After the update, which was succesful (the phones updated and restarted as usual) but, some applications are missing, here is a list of the missing stuff:

- Store

- Social

- all non-removable games (in games)

- all non-removable apps (in my apps), like: converter, introduction, size converter, tips and offers, world clock)

Next to that, I can remember that all apps are in an alphabetical order, now they are scrabled (no such a big issue though), more importantly the missing apps and games.

I use nokia for a really long time, like 25 years or so, I know that software updates can be a bit naggy now and then, but I never had this kind of an issue.

Any ideas, tips or tricks Nokia Support?

PS: i did a factory reset (via the phone) after the restart it still was the same, a second "update" also did not help.

I hope I am not the only one with these issues and look forward to any helpful reply.

With warm regards,

Alexander Wolf (incorporated.to)

With warm regards,
Please use plain text.
Advisor
incorporatedto

Re: Nokia Asha 200 and Asha 201 (incomplete software after update)

I forgot to add, I updated to the phones using two different laptop computers 32bit Windows 7, with updated Nokia Suite and two different accounts (Asha 200 = business) Asha 201 = private), but both ended up with the same issue of "incomplete" OS
With warm regards,
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi Incorporatedto,

Sorry to hear the problems you are having. As it appears you have tried everything, it may be a case of an update gone wrong, and in this case you will need to visit your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect.

to locate your nearest Nokia Care point: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
incorporatedto

Hi adrianhughes,

Thank you for your reply, I think that might be the only way indeed, unless Nokia launches a new update for the Asha series once again, that also might resolve the problem, but w'll see.

Cheers.
With warm regards,
Please use plain text.
king9015

Why nokia asha 200 does not support wats app in other hand same price range can easily support this application
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
needa

is asha201 a dual sim phone???

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
mjuju

Hi needa,

The Nokia Asha 201 is not a Dual Sim. Look at the User Guide here.

Otherwise, the Nokia Asha 200 is a Dual Sim. You will find all the specifications here.

mjuju

Please use plain text.