Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Asha 200 echo problem

tahir_1982

[ Edited ]

Dear Rajaud;

Thanks for ur unique guidelines but for ur kind information that we are not so free  to get this pain to move for their care center and do in all that....!

Why they should not do their services at our door steps  OR taking complete lab test before launching such a stupid product/Silly in market ?????????

Secondly there is no updated frm ware is available online through which we can do update online.

I again suggest you to please don’t misguide us and let us do for my friends/our peoples to get their money back and for NOKIA to think about costumer approach......!!!!!!!!

I hope you can understand this phenomena. thanks

Br,

Tahir Azeem

Please use plain text.
eyaz

Dear Rajaud;

Who are you......  :smileymad: . to reply such a silly comments /// this is the quality of Nokia customer support ..oooh 

you said it has not passed 1 year it mean 1st you lunch the product after the customer put complains then you rectify the issues and customize the quality so so bad .. :smileysad:   where is your (QC Passed) Quality check Pass department  do you have QC department.

Secondly there is no software update available in PC suite or other links...

My suggestion for you  when produce  a product then first of all use by yourself for one year  then lunch in market after all rectification//

Please don’t misguide the customers

I hope you can understand thanks

Br,
Engr.Eyaz
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Just been reading your comments on your experience of the Asha 200.

I have been using this device in the U.K and so far have had pretty much flawless use, I haven't experienced any echo issues so far.

I have had the odd call where I have heard an echo but this was due to the caller on the other end having me on loud speaker and it was an another brand also.

The only other thing I've noticed with the call itself is after hanging up the sim which the call was made the signal will disappear for a few seconds and then appear but I do mean literally 1 or 2 seconds and thats it.

So I really haven't experienced the issues you guys are reporting. I currently have software version 10.61

Can you guys give me more feed back under what conditions where you getting echo issues, was it in every call or certain calls?

I haven't experienced any network issues other than the normal i.e networking dropping when on a train or underground etc but then again I am in the U.K so will have different network that guys.

Are you guys on the latest version of software?

If you give some feed back I can try to recreate the conditions and see if I get the same issues but so far so good (but then again when I got the device I updated it straight away so can't comment on the experience pre version 10.61)

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
DRNKP

I am too having the echo problem (echo of my own voice) and also the earpiec give a vibration like sound. I had taken it to the nokia service center with in 15 days of the purchase of the phone. They upgraded the firmware to 10.60 and the echo problem went away but the earpies vibrating noise did not go. I told them about the same but they were not ready to agree that such vibrating noice is coming from my phone. Then finally I was able to convince some one at nokia care team that there is some annoying vibration noise in the ear piece. They fixed that at that time. But again after few days of that fix I am facing those two problems again. Now I will have to go again to the Nokia care and wast my hour or more to get it fixed. Honestly this is the first time that I have faced any issues with Nokia phone. Over the past many years I have used many nokia phones, 7250i, 5200, 5230 and few others but I did not have any problems with those phones. I hope my experience with Nokia Asha 200 also gets better.

Please use plain text.
HiddenIdentity

Just updated my Nokia Asha 200 (Graphite) to version 10.61 n surprising found Echo Problem is totally gone....... I hope its not a Temporary Surprise...!!!

In the Middle of the Update my phone got struck two times n it wasnt getting restarted as it was mentioned in the Updating procedure through NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER..... so it showed the message to switch off the phone then switch it ON........ but it was getting switched off EITHER.. ne wayz I took out the Battery n then placed it back n Switched it on ..... had to do this Two time n later in few mintues it got updated.......... n now its current version is 10.61 as its showing wen typing *#0000# as u all knw .......

jst now checkd it out TEST calling n found its working perfectly fine try it out n let me knw tooooo...... 

I jst hope its not a temporary Fix ...!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hotmridul

Hi. I had gone through the same problem. But dont take it as a problem in your handset. The echo problem is just for the default software version in your asha 200 set. Just download the Nokia Suit and connect your set. Click on the device software update option and update it via internet. Follow the steps as asked... Your problem will get solved. I too had similar problem with my ASHA 200 set. But after the update its working fine.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manavkumar

this is manav from Delhi-India --- i have new updates with 11.56 bt still same echo problem -- lots of viberation noice during calling and reflected sound also --- plz help me for getting my money back

Please use plain text.
shubh143chukuli

asha200..if one sim is going then the second sim get offline...itzzz not actualy called  a dual sim phone..there are some simple settings are not available like brightness setting,equeliaser for music,direct msg forwarding key.... such a big poor phone...

Whats is the position of Nokia about this? I would like to keep the phone but this echo during calls is unacceptable. 

Should request my cash back or should I go to a Nokia Care point?

Please use plain text.
j_s_p

Hello

I am facing the same problem. It seems that voice in speaker is too loud.

It is possible to adjust volume in amplifier?

Regards 

Please use plain text.
rajaud

The new update is available. I updated my sw version to 11.56 via nokia suite.
Latest software release for Nokia Asha 200 is 11.56

1> New version of the web browser
 2>Access point names (APN) can be set manually to troubleshoot internet connections if needed
 3>Improved memory management when using the media player in phones with a custom theme installed

4>memory increased from 10mb to 26mb

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anky007

Its really annoying feature . I dont know what to do with this hand set . I wouldnt recomment anyone to purchase this phone . You cant talk to anyone cleary .

malange007 wrote:
nokia asha 200 is a brilliant phone those planning to get a budget qwerty phone go for it... there is a bit of echo glitch in it but is resolved to a great deal if you increase the ear piece volume and completely gone if you use handsfree or bluetooth. the kind of quality and features nokia gives on nokia asha is beyond borders in todays competitive market.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mehulpatel

i have the same incoming sound problem.

like dis phon bt calling problem is disturbing me.

should i replace the phon?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
talha23

vRe: Nokia Asha 200 echo problem

very very bad set...... I  suggest  it kutta set

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I dont agree with u because nokia asha 305 also a dual sim and 2g device before uodation softwere also this device you tube not support but after updation softwere youtube and videostreaming support. I want to request u to again plz make a new softwere with video streaming feature plz
Please use plain text.