Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Asha 200 echo problem

fancy_schmancy

Re: Nokia Asha 200 echo problem

I purchased Nokia Asha 200 today, I wish I had read this before... It's too late in the evening now to make a call and check the echo sound but here is another problem I have: each time I try to use the camera the phone freezes and then it takes about 40 secs to turn it off. It's so annoying! This camera is absolutely useless! Any ideas? I am going to ask my money back.

ASHA200NETWORK

Nokia ASHA 200 .. two biggest r problems r relating too its ECHO SOUND PROBLEM nd other is NETWORK PROBLEM... ( if one person get a call frm one sim then other sim network just disappears I just dnt kn why this rubbish problem is with ASHA 200). Very POOR Model with lots of promise

malange007 wrote:
yeah we all are having the crashing issue with asha and apparently nokia guys are still thinking whether to work on it or not. why such a delay ????

Professor
malange007

hey asha

Everyone is having the echo problem, try upgrading the firmware my echo issue is gone now. Just upgraded today

secondly asha doesnt support dual active sim function that you seek. Thats a dual standby function. If your using one sim to call to text or for internet the other sim will go offline till the first function is completed.
Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
fancy_schmancy

[ Edited ]

It's not exactly an echo it's sort of a resonance, I heard it on my phone as well. I went back to the store and asked for another Asha 200. This one hang when I tried the messaging function! And the resonance of course... They all have it! If you talk a lot it is soooo annoying! I'm surprised to hear that it might be a software problem, I don't think so. No more Nokia phones for me, I have used 4 models (5 devices) over the past 3 years and I am absolutely not happy with them. The wisest thing I could do now was to bring Asha 200 back to the store and get my money back. That's what I did.

Contributor
HiddenIdentity

I suppose I was the first to write this Echo prb on this discussion blog....!!! since my first review abt it im still baring the damage :smileysad:

bought this phn on 23rd jan , gave it at Nokia care on 24th , they said me its a software prb n it will be delivered next day tht was 25th jan........ wen I went back on 25th they said its repaired but I checkd it den n der..... n found the same Echo prb......!!! it wasnt repaired at all........!!! they asked me to wait for around 7 - 10 days as they will send this piece to Delhi....!!! I said fine later aftr 10 days they wer keep sayin me more 3 days more 2 days......... until yesterday.

Finally they called me n said me its repaired u can **bleep** n take it.......!!! 

but wen i reached thr after ONE MONTH thtz 25th of Feb they said me sorry sir the phone was working fine as we kept it under testing since last two days n it was working fine until this evening ......!!! n now the same prb emerged......So we had to send the phone back to Delhi again ........!!

The phone went to Delhi 3 times in this one month....!!! even personal mails wer sent to the Main office telling them the prb isnt solved n dont knw wht more.....!!!

I've been told to wait more 10 days n im still waiting.....!!!

Dnt even suggest ur enemy to buy this piece of Junk....!!!

Out of frustration I had to be harsh to the Nokia care ppl....!!! Even Cheap China phone's now a days r supporting dual sim with Call waiting options tht r jst priced around 1500/- bt Nokia being an International Brand is letting their Reputation down.....!!!

Looks like they r not Testing der products once they r manufactured.......!!!

Professor
malange007

Thats one painful message. I honeslty would suggest that if you cant get it changed of replaced, start using the wireloop handsfree or a bluetooth dongle because with that the echo completely goes away. Plus a asha update is also available over the nokia suite V10.60 it has made the phone more responsive.

I wont speak for everyone but asha is well built with great battery life and good hardware, i know the back is very awkward and loves getting scratched . China phones are there but they arent so reliable at least this one is.

Hope this helps you out.
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Contributor
Sarmad_Gujjar

Hi
Go to this link follow these instructions and then update ur asha 200 hope this will solve the problem
the link is here /t5/Nokia-Suite/NOKIA-ASHA200-UPDATE-PROBLEM-SOLVED/td-p/1326069
Contributor
Sarmad_Gujjar

Any one try this method ???????
is this helpful or not plz tell,,,,,
Professor
malange007

yes i did thats why i posted it
Registered Member
ProblemAsha200

I am totally disappointed by using Nokia Asha200.

I was a Nokia N72 user and due to duel SIM along with QWERTY key I switched to Asha 200. I used it for 3-days and now totally unsatisfied with its problem.

01. Echo problem,
02. Week Network.
03. Unable to use old software (due to non availability of S-40 Version).

As this forum said I try to install Noikia Suit several times and it return with a problem given below:

Problem with the installation file

There seems to be a problem with the installation file. To be able to install Nokia Suit, download the latest version from

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/nokia-suite.

But repetedly I downloaded and same message repeating.

Contributor
tahir_1982

[ Edited ]

Dear Nokia Team;

Kindly make sure if you will failed to disclose the resolution of following two faults in Nokia-Asha-200, we will all have to boycott on usage if NOKIA brands onwards and will prefer other Brands like Samsung, Motorola etc…

Please don’t think that one or two user will not affect your revenue coz I and my all other friends whose continually asking for these solution, will also accompany me and moreover I’ll also published this matter in media to informed consumer to stop selling this phone.

Faults in Nokia-Asha 200

1. Echo problem while call connectivity.
2. No feature of live FM radio recording.
3. SIM#2 signal disappearing while call on SIM#2

Br,

Tahir Azeem

Moderator's Note: We have removed personal information from your post. Please do not share sensitive information on a public discussion board.

Contributor
HiddenIdentity

Tried ur method was able to upgrade the software but still the same ....!!! didnt chnged nething same Echo prblm...!!!
basolla

Tried me too same method but still ECHO PROBLEM in my ASHA 200.

Anybody solve this problem with the upgrading?

Professor
malange007

Hey basolla

Sad to hear that your issue still persists after the upgrade. But for some reason my echo issue is gone ever since i have upgraded the firmware. If your echo is still persisting i will suggest that you should use the wire loop set till some other update or fix comes out. Hope this helps.
Professor
malange007

Dear Azeem

Nokia is compromising a lot these days on quality . This is the most basic line of nokia series even the highest end phones of nokia are having miserable user experience.

Concerning your faults in nokia

1. Your echo problem will be solved if you update your firmware via the nokia pc suite. I have done that it has been resolved.

2. Nokia asha 200 is a basic phone it can only do a handful of functions. Dont expect it to behave like a smart phone.

3. I think the person who suggested you to buy asha 200 didnt guide you properly. Asha 200 isnt a dual active sim phone. Its a dual sim standby. There is a difference in both. A dual standby is just two sims active when non are in use. When one is in use the other automatically shuts down. Best thing to do is to do a bit of research before buying something

hope this helps you.
basolla

Hi,

I went to my store and I get other one. Unfortunatly same problem of echo. So I've upgraded to version 10.60 my Asha but nothing happens... 

My nokia suite version is 3.3.89

What I have to do now? sell it on ebay to take back some money?

Professor
malange007

What do you mean by nothing happens?
eyaz

[ Edited ]

Dear Nokia Team,

I am completely upset by using Nokia Asha200

I used it since 1 week and now totally unsatisfied with its problem.

01. Echo problem,
02. Week Network.
03. Unable to update software .. No Update available at any link or by using Nokia Software updater.

• As this forum “Nokia Team” said again and again Your echo problem will be solved if you update your firmware via the Nokia pc suite. For their kind information there is no update available in PC suite if there availability then please give the proper link of firmware.

With these problem thousands of Peoples are affected ,

\\\\ Please give the proper solution otherwise we refuse NOKIA Phones and Choose other Brands. 

Br,
Engr.Eyaz
Contributor
tahir_1982

[ Edited ]

Dear Nokia Team;

Since my last msg no solution was made or disclosed by NOKIA which could rectify the following 04-faults.

1-Echo problem while call connectivity.
2-No feature of live FM radio recording.
3-SIM#2 signal disappearing while call on SIM#1.

4-Speaker voice jittering.

However me and my below friends finally decided to close this matter by involving media channel to aware peoples to not get any deceive from NOKIA brand made in china, all discussion from my above friends are just wasting of time coz no one from nokia have solution to get fix this phone issues.

Tomorrow i have called SAMMA-TV team and I’ll present all of you with some working regarding our complain and awareness of peoples to not purchase this phone, please participate at F-11 markaz in front of new CHAWALA building @ 5:00pm.

Peoples who will participate are as fellow:-

Tahir Azeem
Eyaz UL Rasheed
Humad Javed
Naheem Alktar
Ghazanfar Abbas
Asif Shaheen
Nauman Saleem
Adil Mehmood
Yasir Iqbal
Asad Ali
Syed Alamgir
Bilal Khan
Sheraz Khan
Kashif Rao
Naveed Alam
Shehbaz
Akram Nawaz
Yasir Haneef Khan
Kazmi
Khalid Khan

Br,

Tahir Azeem

Contributor
rajaud

@tahir_1982
Every nokia 200 is under warranty, coz it has not passed 1yr since its launch.
So i suggest u to dial *#0000# and check ur sf.ware version, i updated mine software to 10.61 today at nokia care centre.
Dont go for silly complaints. . .
Best of luck buddy. .