Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 200 image file format problem

Ninya
Accepted Solution

Nokia Asha 200 image file format problem

hello. I just bought a Nokia Asha 200 recently, and I am happy with it. The only problem that I am currently having is with my phone's captured image's file format. It used to be .jpg and then it suddenly became .nrw and I can't open it when I tranfer the images to my computer. Whenever I convert it it just becomes black. I restored the factory settings of my phone but the format is still .nrw.

I want to know what caused it and how can I revert back the image file format to .jpg.

Thank you so much in advance.

Good day.

Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Re: Nokia Asha 200 image file format problem

Because Nokia s40 Phones automatically Enhancing the Image Captured and reduces it's size. The reason why you're Photos is in .nrw format because you didn't wait to process it. Follow these steps so it won't occuring again On the Camera Choose Options > Settings > Image Preview > Choose End Manually. Then wait for pictures to be processed you captured (sometimes you will notice that the image enhanced). It also can be done in the background. Hope it Helps.
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Please use plain text.
Ninya

Thank you! I did try what you suggested...it still saves in .nrw but after sometime it changes to .jpg. I guess the only solution to this is waiting. Thank you again!

Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

That's Good to hear.
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Newton987

Whenever I download a text-containing document such as an Encyclopedia, my Nokia Asha 200 displays 'format not supported' what can I do please?
Please use plain text.
Emilia9131

I have red a post that described how to solve the problem of the images that are saved nrw format and hor to change the option from the settings. Unfortunately in my case the photos haven't chenged thei format, they are still nrw..and I cannot use them on my PC. If you have any ideas I will keep myself available to options. Thank you!

Please use plain text.