Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Asha 202 Problem....

prakasrgp

Nokia Asha 202 Problem....

Hello sir,

I have these following problems with my nokia asha 202 after the software update to v 20.36...

*Nokia Mail is not working

*Nokia Maps is missing

*Internet is not working properly

(when i try to connect, most of the time im getting alert as "packet data connection is not available".im sure that there is no problem with my service provider since i checked my sim with other handsets)

Here are my phone specs..

Phone Name : Nokia 202
Firmware Version : 20.36
Variant ID : 7026057865
Varian Name : Rm-834_nokia202_cv_india_var219829_black
Product Code : 059P4K5

My phone worked properly with the older version... so plz provide me solutions to this problems...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Re: Nokia Asha 202 Problem....

Connect your phone to a computer & select Nokia Suite mode. Now open the Nokia Suite & click on the “green icon of arrow pointing downwards”.

Reinstall option is shown in ‘blue’. If no option to reinstall is shown, please wait for sometime it will become visible.  Then the Nokia Suite will download the new software version of the phone. After it you will be prompted to take a complete back up of the device content. Please do not skip this step as reinstallation will erase all the personal data from the phone like contacts, messages, calendar entries etc.

Please note that if you have set a memory card password & you have forgotten its code then take a backup of the card data also as the card will be locked after update and can only be unlocked if you enter the correct code or by ways mentioned in this thread.

Also note that while updating the device ensure the following things-

1. The device is full charged.
  2. The internet connection Is of good speed & has a backup in case of power loss.
  3. The PC should also be connected to back up power source as if the process is interrupted the phone may go dead. More on update failure & its remedies here.
  4. Please do not run any resource intensive programs in the background while updating as it may freeze the PC which in turn will lead to a dead device.
  5. Ignore all the windows pop-up notifications about device being disconnected.
  6. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL UPDATE IS COMPLETED.
  7. It will be better if you disable security keyguard & PIN code request before proceeding with Update/Reinstallation.

If any problem persists please visit the nearest authorised Nokia Care Centre.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
prakasrgp

it says already my phone has the latest software version installed... even if i reinstall the software the problems that i have mentioned exists...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Then only thing you can do is visit authorised Nokia Care centre.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prakashji

My nokia asha 202 sw update provider not found so please help this problem
Please use plain text.
Sage
Dhdhdharani

Update again
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bilal104

bro.... i had my phone disconeected during software update due to power breakdown....... now its not switching on....... can u help me with it....? 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Wolf_49465

@bilal104-
Now there is only one way left.
You have to take your phone to Nokia Care Center.
Please use plain text.