Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 202 Problems....

prthz

Nokia Asha 202 Problems....

[ Edited ]

Dear sir,

i am using nokia asha 202... and i am facing the following problems in it_

1> It doesnot support youtube video streaming

2> Medium resolution mp4 videos are not supported in this mobile...

My main problem among the above two is that it doesnot supports you tube video streaming.... a mobile of rs 2000/- also supports video streaming, bt it deosnot.... i have never expected that this mobile will not support video streaming... sir i request you to kindly resolve this problem as soon as possiable because i require you tube video streaming the most.... i am facing problem for it... pls upgrade its software so that i could get this facility in the next update of my phone.... pls sir... its too important for me...  

thank you...

Moderator's notes: post moved to own thread.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Re: Nokia Asha 202 Problems....

Well, it does support mp4 videos too. So, there shouldn't be any problem with streaming. Only your connection needs to be fast.
Are you using the correct settings? What error message does it display when you click on a YouTube video url?
Please use plain text.
prthz

Hello sir,

when i click a you tube video url, it shows that "CANT OPEN LINK BECAUSE  YOUR PHONE DOESNOT SUPPORT  VIDEO STREAMING"..... In other phones there is an option named "MY STREAMING" in personal configuration, but there is no such option in my phone... its so frustating sir...... there are only 4 options in my phone in personal configuration, they are- WEB, MMS, SYNC, ACCESS POINT...... But in other nokia phones along with theses options "MY STREAMING" is also there but its mising in my phone... And i have also updated my phone 3 times but it doesnt work... And my connection is fast enough for you tube video streaming as i have already tried it in other phones and it worked.....

SO SIR PLS GIVE ME SOME SOLUTIONS.... I REALLY NEED  VIDEO STREAMING FACILITY.........

THANK YOU...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sergent

Hi prthz,

Welcome to Nokia discussions board!

Thank you for your post. The Nokia Asha 202 does not support streaming, that is the reason why you get that message when you try to stream videos. As a solution, you can download the video from Youtube with this application and watch it.

Sergent

If my response has helped you in any way, show it by hitting the WHITE STAR... If you don't a MONSTER will come and eat your lunch...
Also hit the Accept as solution button, so OTHERS can benefit from this helpful answer...
DON'T BE SHY...
Please use plain text.
prthz

hi sir

is there any possibility that nokia engineers may updgade the software of asha 202 by including "MY STREAMING" in it so that i could get the streaming option in my phone's next update.......  i am just confused that why nokia engineers have not given the facility of video streaming in this phone.... even a nokia phone of rs 2000 or a china mob also has this facility... This is the most weird backdraw of this phone... hope nokia will solve it..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kimpg202

hello sir,

For a week now, I've been using the asha 202 and it is creating problems for me first I can't play mp4 movies.  It is said in its specs that it can.  Second thing that I can't download EA games, the site said it needs nokia drop.  But  I cant find any link that enables me to download nokia drop for 202.  Could anybody point me to any direction that answers my needs before I get tired with this phone and replace it with another dual sim phone. thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Hey! Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions

The phone can play MP4 videos but not the ones of High Quality. Try playing a standard video of around 360p and it will play just perfectly.
You need to download apps on your S40 phone either through the built-in Store App, through the Store menu in Nokia Suite or through the Download via PC option on Website. Nokia drop will not work for your device.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tsaostinmat

Helo am also using the phone so does it have wi-fi and if yes where can i find it in the menu?thank you
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sagar_chavan

Sir, i am having a same problem.. No streming tube videos.. Also have some aplication problems.. Basic it handset soft keys are touch screen and some s40 aplications dosent responce touch screen.. Especialy gameloft games..when i start thos games always come a msg of 'do you want sound' in reply must press a soft key that access yes or no.. And touching screen not works.. Without that how would i start games, aplication? Also some very littile but importent problems i am facing now... During searching a file there is no direction key like messeging or other.. Because of that i have to erese all written content.. Also no MARKING option in inbox... So if i would like to delete 100 sms i have to delete one by one.. And also while typing a contet.. No marking option?? What is this? My old nokia c2-01 dont have such problems :/ so please give us some software update about it

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sajinsaj

Dear sir,

i am using nokia asha 202... and i am facing the following problems in it_

1> It doesnot support youtube video streaming

2> Medium resolution mp4 videos are not supported in this mobile...

My main problem among the above two is that it doesnot supports you tube video streaming.... a mobile of rs 2000/- also supports video streaming, bt it deosnot.... i have never expected that this mobile will not support video streaming... sir i request you to kindly resolve this problem as soon as possiable because i require you tube video streaming the most.... i am facing problem for it... pls upgrade its software so that i could get this facility in the next update of my phone.... pls sir... its too important for me...  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manten

can i play any java game with 240/320 resolution
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manten

with asha 202
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nischaya

now nokia asha 305 support streaming video&wait nokia can avaliable update for 202
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nischaya

u can play 240*320 size game u select s40 your problem solved
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zeshanalex

sir, built-in app in my nokia asha 202 (social app) is crupted how can i recover it? (it lost its actual logon)
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi zeshanalex,

Welcome to Nokia Forum!

Try to check if there is an update available for your device through Nokia Suite. If there is none, you can try to re-install the software.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Biplob_BD

I have facing these problem in my asha 202-

1. Video streaming is not available
2.doesn't support high resulation mp4
3. Text copy past system.
4. Bengli language does not support.
5.does not support fm radio recording.

My phone is made in India.
I using it from Bangladesh.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ongsoaha2013

i have a problem with my nokia asha 202 . i can't connect to the internet . whenever connect ro the internet it just let me check coverage , security and date.setting on tje phone (005), how should i do it?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ongsoaha2013

thank you
Please use plain text.
ajeetyadav220

after buying a phone of rs 3950 i could nt got the facilty of video streaming .what the **bleep** nokia company is doing.it can be rseolved bay software update or not.it also swiths off sometimes after playing high res videos.

Please use plain text.