Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 205 and 206

Advisor
incorporatedto

Nokia Asha 205 and 206

Hi there,

I am a huge Nokia fan since my first 5110 and never stopped buying Nokia's every since (have about 280 of them now). I have moved to singapore recently and noticed that Nokia came out with some new phones like the Lumia 620 and Asha 205 and 206.

The local newpaper stated that Nokia is going to launch them in Q4 around x-mas. So I was very pacient to await the new arrival, but to my surprise I noticed that almost all countries are going to get the new Asha series except Singapore and Malaysia?

How come Nokia did not send those yet to These countries? I really wanna get me an Asha 205 and 206 but don't get the chance to do so :-(

I know the singaporean market here is ruled my the 3 i's (ipod, ipad and iphone) and the Galaxy SIII invasion, but still... bring them out now, I know a lot of folks arround here who fancy the colourful Asha 206 and Social 205.

So please.... be quick about it :-D

Thnx,

with warm regards and the best wished for 2013 (also for the rest hier on the forum)

With warm regards,
Alexander Wolf (incorporated.to)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Nokia Asha 205 and 206

You will have to contact your providers and ask them if they will stock it.
If not you will have to buy online from reputable sellers

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

You can order at lazada.com or any online store out there or just visit Thailand/Cambodia. By the way it's available now in our country about $70(USD) and it's good specially the Slam Feature. My Mom had bought 205 yesterday.
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Please use plain text.
Advisor
raosahab786

i want to know when nokia 206 will be available in delhi,india . i am eagerly waiting for this phone. and will it support usb. and what will be its internal memory .
Please use plain text.
Advisor
raosahab786

hi,
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me when nokia 206 will be available in india .

thanx
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

You need to contact your provider for this info or check online retailers that ship to your country

The 205/206  has microSD support up to  32 GB and 64mb internal memory

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

The 206 may be available in 1st Month of 2013 cauze 205 is available now about 3500 Rs.
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Please use plain text.
Advisor
incorporatedto

Hi Carleet12,

Thnx for the info, I have a looksie then. Here in Singapore it's kinda difficult also due to import rules and regulations, but i will check
With warm regards,
Please use plain text.
Advisor
incorporatedto

Hi Jimmyireland,

Thnx for the info, i will have a look at it, back in europe, Nokia is fast with poping out the new models in to the shops, but here in singapore everything is ipad, ipod, iphone or samsung :-S.
With warm regards,
Please use plain text.
Advisor
incorporatedto

Next month, like january then.. hmmmm, cool cold be nice b-day gifr for me then haha lol
With warm regards,
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Hi Incorporatedto,

What Variant of 206 do you want Dual Sim or the Single One?
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Hi Incorporatedto,

I just notice that replied about the released of the phone isn't for you but for raosahab786. Sorry If I didn't mention him/her.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
raosahab786

hey i want to know about nokia 206 dual sim.

thnxx

Please use plain text.
Advisor
incorporatedto

Hi carlee12

No problem :-D. I went to the local Nokia Store (yeah we have those here) but the kidz there are not really aware of everything, funny things is, they work at a Nokia Store, selling and promoting Nokia but themself use iPhones ts ts ts.

Anyway, I also went to the local shops in my neighbourhood and they said that the new Asha series will be arriving Singapore sometime in January, so i have to wait a little longer.

THEN it will be a Nokia Asha 205 in black/blue and 2 Nokia Asha 206. One in yellow and one in blue :-D Single sim.

I don't like the dual sim version, they hard usefull, but if u only use 1 sim in them then the display still shows the second sim slot. :-P hehe
With warm regards,
Please use plain text.
Advisor
raosahab786

HEY I AM FROM NEW DELHI,INDIA

NOKIA ASHA 205 AND 206 both were announced in november 2012 that they both will be available in december last. They both have nokia's new  SLAM technology .I am interested to buy nokia 206 dual sim version as nokia is the best user friendly company in lower budget. I have used SAMSUNG ,SONY ,LG,MICROMAX that offer same feature as of NOKIA but totally dissatisfied with them because of their after sale service and durability. I am a big fan of NOKIA. NOKIA ASHA 205 and NOKIA 206 both were supposed to be available in INDIA up to CHRISTMAS but only NOKIA ASHA 205 is available on their site while NOKIA 206 is showing  "COMING SOON" . I have checked many online shopping website on internet and found that only NOKIA ASHA 205 is available,whereas for NOKIA 206 ,it is showing "COMING SOON". I want to know when this phone will be available in the market as i have lost my old phone ,so i am in hurry to buy a new one.FOR ANOTHER THING I am in dillema that what is the internal memory of both of these phone as nokia website shows 64 MB while nokia other website shows 32 MB. Some phone website shows 10 MB. I want to know what is the actual INTERNAL MEMORY of NOKIA 206 DUAL SIM AND WILL IT SUPPORT USB as it is also not cleared from nokia website as the phone has no USB port.

PLEASE REPLY 

THANXXXX

Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Hi raosahab786,

The 64 MB is the Rom. While the
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Hi raosahab786,

Maybe the 64 MB is referring for the Rom. While the 32MB/25 for it's Ram. Maybe the Internal Memory of it is only 10 MB. But you can use Memory Card which is up to 32GB.
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Raosahab786,

I forgot to Add that maybe the variant of 206 to arrive at your market is the Dual Sim since India is a growing Market.
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Hi Incorporatedto,

I want to know, What country are you from?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
raosahab786

Hey i also want to know which phone will be best for me between NOKIA ASHA 205 which is available in market OR NOKIA 206 (NOT ASHA SERIES)which is still "COMING SOON",both in double sim version. NOKIA ASHA 205 and NOKIA 206 both have same feature, only difference between them is their looks , camera 205 hv 0.3 ,206 hv 1.3 MP. BUT it have listened from someone that OS of NOKIA ASHA 205 is better than of NOKIA 206.He said that OS of ASHA series phone is better than that of simple series NOKIA phone. I know that they both have S40 series OS but

IS it true QUALITY OF ASHA series phone is better than simple series NOKIA phone?  

I like the look of NOKIA 206 ,BUT it is coming soon ,may be in january as no official declaration has been done regarding this. SO should I wait for NOKIA 206 or to go with NOKIA ASHA 205 as I said it is rumoured QUALITY OF NOKIA ASHA 205 is better than NOKIA 206.

PLZZZ GUIDE ME so that I could set my mindset to buy my new NOKIA.

AND PLZZZ ANSWER TO MY LAST QUESTION..

THNXXXXXXX IN ADVANCE

Please use plain text.