2012-04-18 21:12 - edited 2012-04-18 21:25
I am owner of an Asha 302 and I am having theses problems:
1. My battery only lasts 2-3 days. I am living in the city with gud network coverage, I dont do that much of phone-calling. Only thing I do is browsing on the net with Opera mini and whatsapp. I know the latter app requieres Internet but I would expect at least 5-6 days of battery life with a 1430mAh battery and a non smartphone os. My Samsung Wave with its 1500mAh and activated Exchange ActiveSync lasted at least 2-3 days but this was a real multitasking OS, and I did browsing and listening to music aswell and it had 3' screen. I have so far turned hsdpa and WIFI scanning off. But I still see the batterybar decreasing very fast. Is there any other option or any other trick how to optimize power consumption? Am I doing sumthing wrong or is this os really programmed so badly?
2. Thogh of 1GHz CPU speed I noticed thats its not possible to do fast scrolling in the menu (be it thr contact-list, moving the cursor in text or any other menu). I dont thinks thats its due to the lack of speed, as opera mini performs very well and smooth on the asha 302. I think its due to bad programming or sumthing like that.
3. In the age of smartphones with quadcore, supporting anykind of data-connectivity a phone with WIFI like the asha should support all new authentification standards like PEAP/EAP. It would be very helpful to have WIFI on campus which only works with devices supporting the above mentioned authentification.
4. I am still missing the Mail for Exchange feature in my phone, when will Nokia release it? It was said in Q2 but there is still no new information.
Any chance to get this forwarded to the devolpers of S40?
your lucky, my asha 302 would be dead after 1 day, if you havent already try running your phone in 2g (GSM) if you dont need fast internet speed and try useing a dark theme.
1. my phone lasted 4-5 days while doing moderate browsing, heavy SMS sending, short calls, and occational music and video playback when I'm bored or traveling. I don't see any problem so far.
2. yes, this is one of my problems too.. but the 1ghz processor isnt involved in this. I like the scrolling speed of the C3-00
3. no comment here
4. Mail for Exchange is now available as a Beta version at the Nokia Betalabs site, you must register (its free) to download and try the app.
hello every one, i don't knw whats wrong with my nokia asha 302, the battery runs down easily within 30 minutes of full charge, regardless of the application u may be runing, and the most worrying thing about it is that the phone gets very hot while browsing, pls i want to know whats wrong, coz i purchase it less than a week ago,
You may check the attached file for some tips on how you can prolong the battery of your device and why your phone seems to get warm. Otherwise, you may update the software to fix the issue. Check this link for the troubleshooting steps: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-updat
Hope this helps.
I feel rather compelled to answer this, but this is rather pathetic!! getting 2-3 days is fantastic for a 3g/wifi phone, there is no straightforward method of increasing the battery life, because this is dependant on your location, personal usage and the list is endless. I think you need to be appreciative that it lasts longer than a day.