Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Asha 302 Firmware V14.78 critical bugs

Registered Member
gizmosaurabh

Nokia Asha 302 Firmware V14.78 critical bugs

[ Edited ]

Model No. : Asha 302
Firmware : v14.78 (India)

Issues:

1. It's not possible to stream videos over a wifi connection: When you connect to internet from using a wifi connection and try to stream videos from youtube or vuclip, the video streams upto 60% and then simply stops and then an error pops up saying no response. However, the videos stream well on 3g/Edge. But we cannot afford streaming videos on a mobile data plan. Hence videos must work over wifi. Kindly fix this issue.

PS: I have checked the Packet data settings, port nos, firewall etc. but no use. Even my friend using an Asha 302 has the same issue. So we are calling it a bug. Kindly look into it.

2. Data switching problem on Nokia Browser: When you are connected to internet from a 3g/Edge connection and you decide to switch to a wifi connection, even with the packet data access point settings set to ask before connection, the Nokia browser doesn't ask for the access point or wifi connection, instead it simply connects using the 3g/Edge connection. However, other applications like Nokia Music, Opera mini etc are able to switch the connections properly.

3. Alarm volume cannot be increased: There's no way to increase the alarm volume and the preset volume is not loud enough to wake us up.. :smileywink:. kidly fix this if possible.

4. No way to turn data completely off: This one may sound pretty ambitious :smileywink: but if you developers could give us some way like a virtual switch may be to turn the data completely off as we have in other smart phones.

Overall, I'm very much satisfied with the rest of the features of the phone.
If Nokia Developers can consider these issues and release an updated firmware with these issues fixed, the Asha would become a perfect phone then.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chavacano

Re: Nokia Asha 302 Firmware V14.78 critical bugs

Yes thats correct, bugs is still there and in our country its almost 7months now since the 14.92 had been announced but no firmware 14.92 had arive pls nokia if u will not realeased the firmware anymore tell us, so that we can change our mobile, instead of hoping the firmware to arrived ok, stop lieying to us, your firmware is ssoooooooooo buggggyyyyy pls pls.... Update it soon as early as posible, im planning to buy your L520 but im thinking now, maybe i could go to another brand, its your fault ok.:......bye bye......... Thanks for your liarnesss nokia.....
Please use plain text.