Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 302 Isync Plug-in

PcWork

Nokia Asha 302 Isync Plug-in

i just got myself a nokia Asha 302. however i am working with my mac, i do hope to sync my contacts using isync to asha302.

but as i had googled around, what i can found is this.

http://www.nokia.com/my-en/support/troubleshooting/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA90502_en_US

and i went and navigate to the page of Asha302, and i couldnt found any plug in for 302 itself. and the closest thing i can found is Asha 200 still comes with isync plug in.

can any one please help me on that? i do need to put all my contacts into 302.

thanks.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: Nokia Asha 302 Isync Plug-in

[ Edited ]

Hi PcWork,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately iSync plugins have not been made available for your phone model. You may also be aware that Apple has not included iSync to their Mac OS since Snow Leopard, as they are moving on to cloud based synchronisation of contacts, calendar etc.

What you can do, however, is to first synchronise your device contacts and calendar with Google mail (for example) and then synchronise it with iCal. For more information on how to achieve this, please see here (even though the post is for Nokia Lumia, the Mac part should apply).

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Samvise

I managed to generate my plugin, the picture is lousy but seems to work fine, you can download a dmg here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37181351/Nokia-302.dmg

hope it works for you

Please use plain text.
Contributor
k_vill

@Samvise would you plug-in work on all the Asha line (particularly 202 / S40) and the C line as well?

Given that most searches point to this recent thread about syncing the newer entry-level Nokia models but with little support from Nokia itself for Mac users, I'd have to give you props for creating the plug-in. Unless I missed a post somewhere regarding my intended plug-in, of course.

To Nokia, the boards, in general, do need some active responses from you, too. Wading through search results but with little or no useful or targeted responses from Nokia makes using the discussion boards little frustrating. Quite an opposite experience to the user-friendliness of Nokia phones.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
N_311

Similar query from my end lead me to this..
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/PC-and-Mac-Software/iSync-Plug-in-for-OSX-Snow-Lepoard/m-p/1552248#M...

Hope it is helpful for you.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
k_vill

Thank you, @N_311.

While it helps that there exists a solution, it's a little frustrating that it does not (and may not even) come as a patch or an official download. I read through "Apropos' " site as provided by @aspergerguy in his post and it looks like a hit-and-miss process developers' delight but not a casual end-user like myself.

Still and all, your reply provides enlightenment. Much appreciated.

Please use plain text.