Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 303 - Removing applications

Contributor
Dusttt

Nokia Asha 303 - Removing applications

I'm wondering whether I'll be able to remove facebook, twitter etc. from the phone since I will never use them. They'll probably get in the way, and seeing them and knowing that I can't get rid of them will irritate me greatly.

The phone isn't released yet, but it's going to use S40 so my question should be answer-able.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Nokia Asha 303 - Removing applications

I wouldn't bet on it. Most likely I guess facebook and twitter will be a part of the system loaded on the phone and not preinstalled with the possibility to be removed.

Anyway, I can't see the point which it should annoy you of just beeing there.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dusttt

[ Edited ]

Is there a place where I could complain about it? I don't think it should be too hard to allow users to remove applications.

Anyway, you would be surprised how much it's going to annoy me if the phone has dedicated physical or nonphysical keys that I don't need or want to see in important easy to reach places. 

I've been on the lookout for a new phone for years now (still using Nokia 2255), and this phone might be it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

You can contact Nokia by using the "contact us" tab on the top of this page... But I don't think that will help though.

I think you rather have to buy an android device and root it and see if you can remove such apps - or see if you can find a custom ROM which does not contain such.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dusttt

Well I've sent them something now, thanks.

Android fails 90% of all the criteria that I have, they aren't good phones.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

No problem.

I can't say I agree with Android fails 90% etc.

Remember that there are many manufacturers making phones with android. They all add more or less manufacture specific things to it as launchers, apps, etc. Some are bad releasing updates and some are good. The nexus's does run vanilla android.

In fact, pretty much the fantasy is the limit of what you can do with it.

I have had the Xperia Arc since May, and it's been reliable, fast, etc. No issues.

SE has also changed its bad habbit of not releasing updates.

Their SE specific adds to the OS is very light.

I have had the SGS too which was a pleasure to work with regards to flashing custom roms for Android.

Something to think about if it turns out that you can't remove them annoying apps from Nokia Asha.

Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dusttt

I was more or less stating my personal stance towards android phones. There are multiple reasons why I wouldn't use an android phone, and most of them are fundamental reasons which manufacturers have no part in. Even if someone made an android phone with perfect out of the box functionality, which I'm seeking btw, it would still fail in the user experience department.

I need menu's. Having trivial things such as the calculator etc. on the main page feels wrong. They need to be categorized properly like Nokia has done, and all of them have to exist on the phone the first time I need them, otherwise the phone will be fighting against me.

Another huge issue is that I don't want to combine entertainment with phones. A phone is like a swiss army knife. A multi-purpose tool with the primary purpose of helping you get things done. Draining the battery life or doing something that might make the device more unreliable is something I don't want to do.

I'm mainly just trying to make the situation easier to understand. Even though I didn't warm up to the ideas, I appreciate the replies you've given me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

No problem, I get your point. We all have different ways of using devices and different needs.

I have a Samsung Xcover 271 for work as it is the nearest thing you come to a bulletproof phone. It doesn't do much other than texts and calls, though it has 3g and a twitter and facebook client installed which is a part of the firmware and cannot be removed, but no other "funky" stuff.

On gsm it stays on forever - superb battery life and talk time. Manages water, dust, and whatever you throw at it. Might worth a look? It's not expensive either.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Nice. Nobody can or will be able to make phones like..... NOKIA.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
RanaIshqair

its ok you can remove the Unwanted App from (Nokia 303) :

- open the app that you want to delete

- close it 

- press the( Backspace X)  from the keyboard 

Please use plain text.