Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Asha 303 Wifi Problem

icwiti

i have the same problem by mobile is switching on automatically even though i have wlan ask first, please advise if you have a solution cause i cant figure it out.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sman

I have thesame problems as d Raydude had it,it was a new verson on my nokia browser,so i downloaded it,nd wen i try to open it,it says,conflicting application,pls can some help me out of this mess?
Please use plain text.
NiranZ

facing the same problem with nokia browser what should we do..tried update device menu for some help willing that it would be upgrade but it states no new software available.
Please use plain text.
kaMAHALan_03

"can't reach the server right now.please check your connection and try again.(006)"

i always get this message whenever i try to browse using nokia internet no matter how high is the strength of the

wifi i am connected to. what can I do to solve this problem? i have tried the suggestions mentioned below but it still didn't work :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

kaMAHALan_03 wrote:

"can't reach the server right now.please check your connection and try again.(006)"

i always get this message whenever i try to browse using nokia internet no matter how high is the strength of the

wifi i am connected to. what can I do to solve this problem? i have tried the suggestions mentioned below but it still didn't work :smileyfrustrated:

You may update the software. Before updating, use Nokia Suite to back up your phone. You can be sure that your contacts, messages, calendar entries, tasks, web feeds, and other important stuff is backed up safely. The contents of your phone memory and memory card, such as photos and videos, are safe and won’t be affected during the update.

You can use the steps below to back up your files:

1. Connect the phone you want to back up to your computer with a USB cable. On your phone, select Nokia Suite and then select OK.

2. In Nokia Suite, click Tools then Backup. Nokia Suite shows you a list of the content types that you can back up and prepares a list of information that can be backed up.

3. Select the information that you want to back up. If you want to change where the backup file is saved, click Browse and choose another location. If you have a lot of music, photos or videos on your phone, including them in the backup will cause the backup process to be slower. 

4. Click Start to begin backing up. Do not disconnect or switch off your phone during the backup. If you need to stop the backup, click Stop. Nokia Suite will reach a safe stop point and will then stop the backup. 

5. Click Finish to close the window after the backup is complete.

You can download the Nokia Suite from this link: www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

To update, please follow the steps below:

1. Connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable.

2. Start Nokia Suite.

3. Select Tools.

4. Select Software updates.

5. Then select the updates you want to download, and select Install.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nitishreddy

The wifi of the asha 303 doesn't work properly and the wifi sometimes work, sometimes it doesn't. The wifi is unstable and constantly disconnects. If I stop using the phone, for, say, 5 minutes the wifi disconnects even tough wlan search is ON. I have tried to connect to several wifi networks and the problem continues. The settings are properly configured and I have updated the phone's firmware to version 14.87, and have tried reinstalling the software using Ovi suite and the problem persists. The Nokia browser is unstable as well. The phone has problems switching from Wlan to the data packet feature. I use the wlan at home and (or work) if I go out and come back the phone doesn't automatically connects to the wifi when coming back from work. I have seen other S40 phones do that. I can't understand why my phone doesn't do that. Also, if I turn off the wlan search, the wifi stops working, the phone lags and I have to restore factory settings to use the phone again.
My operator can't or won't help me at all. Sometimes when I'm using wlan the phone uses the 3.5G even if "Wifi first" is activated. The packet data is set to "when needed". It also bugs me and display "suscribe to packet data" and I have already a data plan of 50 MB with my operator. The only thing wich seemed to keep the wifi connected was whatsapp, but whatsapp uses way too much of battery power and I had to uninstall it.
Is there anything else I can do before getting rid of the phone? I have an unlocked C2-01 and even tough it doesn't have wifi it works so much better. Could the problems be because the asha 303 is NOT unlocked?
Any other asha phone that has less problems?

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dianaa18

Error establishing secure connection. Check coverage, security. and date settings one the phone. (005) What that mean? Help :/
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

dianaa18, you use the Nokia Xpress browser, do you? Normally this happens if your certificate authorities got deleted, please have a look under Settings » Settings » Authorities: Still there?

Please use plain text.
BhavikJethwa

Nokia Asha 303 Wifi Problem

i am not able to use any of the application which needs internet

for example when i open whatsapp then i get an error as

Could not connect to server: Error occured whilst opening connection

please help with the solution

i am fed up wid dis

i have even upgraded software

plzz help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

BhavikJethwa, please, go to Menu » Settings » Connectivity » Wi-Fi » Available » tap and hold your WLAN until a contextual menu appears » Details » Connect (if not connect, already)

Does it show a IP address and a DNS server?

Please use plain text.
Sya90

Good day, aleisha11. I got a problem on the apps chat and mail.Here's the story, I've already follow the discussion before on wifi problems. I already deleted all of my cellular provider setttings. I've already set the PERSONAL SETTINGS and add the My Web on the account and set as default. I also set the setting  CONNECTIVITY to"ASK FIRST". Set in NETWORK MODE to GSM. It finally, i've succeded on using wifi without have the icon H or E or G on the top screen when using the nokia browser. Thus avoid data charges. Thats good, but when trying to go the mail, the store and chat, stated " Communication error. Try again later."in chat and mail apps, and"Unable to open this page. Check your connection or try again later." in the store apps. Can you tell me why? and how to solve this?

The Store is Version 3.32.2.71 already. Before this, using my provider settings and data charges, all apps have no problem using. Thank you, I really appreciet the help.:squint:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Sya90, for Mail and Chat, you need a ‘My access point’, as well. Did that help?

Please use plain text.
ghaaff

My nokia asha303 is connected to  the internet through wifi but can`t recieve any data from webpages.Please help me  that configure my nokia asha303. my moudem is TP-LINK TD 8901N , too .thanks

Please use plain text.
ghaaff

I get whole under order but my Nokia asha303 didn`t connecte to internet with WIFI. help me please.

under text is from "http://www.nokia.com/mea-en/support/product/asha303/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA141552"

With an Asha touchand type or another Series 40 devices follow the steps below

1. Go to Menu>Settings>Configuration>Personal settings and select Add>web (or Options>add new>web). You can use the default account name or rename it if you like.
  2. Go back to Configuration settings and select Default config. sett
  3. Select the new personal configuration you have created at step 1 and then Options>Set as default
  4. Go back to Configuration settings, select Default in all apps and activate the newly created settings.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

ghaaff wrote:

Can’t recieve any data from webpages.

Which app do you use, to connect to that webpages? I need (only) one concrete example.

ghaaff wrote:

My Nokia 303 is connected to the Internet through Wi-Fi.

Menu » Settings » WLAN » Available WLANs » tap longer on TP-LINK » Details » at the very end, is there an IP address listed for the Gateway?

ghaaff wrote:

My modem is TP-Link TD 8901N.

TD-W8901N? Please, access http://192.168.1.1/ the web-interface of your modem » Interface Setup » Wireless:

• Wireless mode: 802.11g (no mixed mode, please)
    if that worked, you should try 802.11g+n later as well. First, let us enable only 802.11g.
  • Channel Bandwidth: 20 MHz (only if 802.11n is enabled)
    Nokia and Apple do not use 40 MHz in 2.4 GHz, therefore it does not hurt to disable it for testing
  • Authentication Type: WPA-PSK (no mixed mode, please)
    if that worked, you should try WPA2-PSK next
  • Encryption:
    a) if WPA, you use TKIP (no mixed mode, please)
    b) if WPA2, you use AES (no mixed mode, please)
  • Use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS): No
    never ever enable that, totally useless because many devices do not support it anyway, you connect your device only once, and then you are able to enter that passkey – sometimes WPS is even a security hole

Did that help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Omardino

i have the same problem but with my asha 310 i'm connected to wifi but it tells me " invalid web settings "

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Omardino, because you have a Nokia Series 40 Fullt-Touch device, does this help?

Please use plain text.