Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 303 Wifi Problem

Registered Member

Nokia Asha 303 Wifi Problem

I have Nokia Asha 303 and its already connected in wifi but everytime i open the internet browser on my phone it automatically uses the gprs connection which is using my load. But when I open the store it uses teh wifi connection. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: Nokia Asha 303 Wifi Problem

Hi creativemind17,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

For an easy fix you could try to set your device to ask what connection to use. You can change the setting here: Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Net connection > Ask first / WLAN first. If you select "Ask first", your phone should prompt for the desired connection method when you start the browser (or any other application that requires internet access).

Also, if you prefer to use your WLAN connection most of the time, select the following: Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Packet data > Packet data connection > When needed

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jrns

[ Edited ]

may i ask why does my phone automatically connects to the available wifi even if my settings is in the "Ask first" condition?? i frequently disconnect my phone from the wifi then after a few minutes, it automatically connects to the wifi again.. thank you!!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Hi jrns, 

In that case, I advise you to do the following: go to Menu > Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > WLAN search > Off. 

The phone should now not connect to Wi-Fi automatically. 

Feel free to post any other questions you may have. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ragamuffin137

@astra2025, i have problem in connecting Internet. i have done all the procedures in connecting it. but when i got into Internet, the green loading bar is always at its 1/3 percent to connect with websites like facebook, twitter and more, and it displays a "communication error" - check that you have coverage and try again. Contact your operator if the problem exist (006) what kind of problem is it.? what should I do.? I just bought it this day. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
k9monsta

I faced the same problem.. But this is what I did.. AND ITS WORKING.....

Menu> Settings> configuration>Personal settings> add new..

Select My web.... And its working...

Keep all the other settings in other areas as wifi first and all.... But I did this after deleting my service provider settings... Somebody try it without removing the service provider settings.. It might work... Then u might be able to access both WI-fi and service provider according to availability... :-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MerilinM

I basically have the same problem that jrns had - my phone automatically connects to available wifi evethough my WLAN search is off. Due to that, my battery gets low very often and i have to charge it too frequently.

I hope you can help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
znadiia

[ Edited ]

Hello I'd like to ask some questions. I've got some problems with my wlan. When I want to use, let say, free Internet, and don't pay for it, I 'turn on' WLAN and then I choose icon  - Internet (Nokia browser). Unfortunately, I do not use wlan, and I have to pay for this connections. I'd like to add that in my 'connectivitt - internet connection I've got "WLAN first... Should I change sth in configuration? Because in 'prefered acces point' I've got 3 different icons which are called 'INTERNET' 'Internet' and 'internet'.... I don't know how to do. Should I change sth? Sorry for my mistakes and I looking forward to hearing from u

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dignity2

I have Nokia Asha 303 and its already connected in wifi but everytime i open the internet browser on my phone it automatically uses the gprs connection which is using my load. But when I open the store it uses teh wifi connection

I also tried   Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Net connection > Ask first / WLAN first.

and

Also, Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Packet data > Packet data connection > When needed.

but problem is still same....it is still using gprs

plz help me out .....

Please use plain text.
chrmzchn

I have the same problem. My phone is an Asha 302. It cannot connect to the internet using Wifi and instead uses GPRS.

I tried these solutions (the ones posted above):

"For an easy fix you could try to set your device to ask what connection to use. You can change the setting here: Menu > Settings > ConnectivityNet connection > Ask first / WLAN first. If you select "Ask first", your phone should prompt for the desired connection method when you start the browser (or any other application that requires internet access)."

"I faced the same problem.. But this is what I did.. AND ITS WORKING.....

Menu> Settings> configuration>Personal settings> add new..
Select My web.... And its working...
Keep all the other settings in other areas as wifi first and all.... But I did this after deleting my service provider settings... Somebody try it without removing the service provider settings.. It might work... Then u might be able to access both WI-fi and service provider according to availability... :-)"

and it's still not working. I can access the internet when I'm using different applications like facebook and social. But I just can't access it when I'm using the Nokia Browser. The loading bar will load halfway and after that, it gets stuck there :smileysad: 

Weirdly though, my browser was working fine just last week.

PLEASE HELP :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sheng_10282011

hi there!

need some help.. tried everything to reconfigure the settings but still got the error 006 once the browser opened.. service provider- is that where i purchased the phone or nokia support service center?

where can I get the:

Account Name, Password, Access Point information (if you are on the Configuration menu)? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Service provider is the network on which you are. From there you will get all the information about the configuration settings.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
masterazi90

go to restore factory setting, juz restore setting only :cathappy::heart:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
omais

i have nokia asha 303. When i install new version of nokia web browser after that it didn't work and when i open web brwser it hang my phone .
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frvrswaaag

I have Nokia Asha 303 and its already connected in wifi but everytime i open the internet browser on my phone it automatically uses the gprs connection which is using my load. But when I open the store it uses teh wifi connection. I already did this steps Menu > Settings > ConnectivityNet connection > Ask first / WLAN first. But i can't still access the Internet. What can i do? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sara24

I am also facing a similar issue..in nokia browser wi fi dznt work..gprs starts deducting the credit in mobile
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sara24

Will anybody plz tell me y a web address in an email is not opened..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ajiboy700

Pls I need help,my nokia ovi inbuilt browser is not working,its shows conflicting items and it affects other applications too,pls what do I do.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi Ajiboy700,

Welcome to the Forum.

In order to solve this issue, I would advise you to perform a soft reset (no data will be cancelled).  Enter *#7780# on your keypad, default code "12345".

Pfrancoise.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Raydude

Hi, plis i got this itch wit ma asha303. Opened my browser but was told a new version is available, so i downloaded it but, after installation, i tried opening it, but its sayn 'Conflicting items' .looks like the former browser is still running while a new one has been installed. Can someone help with this PLEASE!!!
Please use plain text.