Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Asha 303 contact service after update

diacetil33

Nokia Asha 303 contact service after update

Today i update my nokia asha 303 but something went wreong because update failed and the screen only shows contact service message, it seems i´m not the only one with this issue, someone knows something about this problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

The message "Contact Service" indicates that there may an internal problem with the phone. The following steps may help resolve the issue or give some indication as to the source of the problem:

Remove and re-insert the battery according to the instructions in the user guide.
Remove and re-insert the SIM card according to the instructions in the user guide.
If your phone has a memory card, remove and re-insert it.
If your phone still displays the message, please bring it to the nearest Nokia Care point for inspection.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
diacetil33

Thanks Jimmy.

I did the things you mentioned but there's the same problem, the most important thing is that i've read too much about this issue and it's common this days on Telcel's Asha 303, all the guys tell the same story and i wonder what it's wrong, is it the update or it´s just the company (telcel)?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Is the handset branded,ie the company's logo may be on phone and a logo on start up etc..
IF you cant use the phone return it ASAP..

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
YangBayang

I have same problem when i updated my Asha 303 to 14.38

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
blonde_wongas

Which country are you in? Seems like not everyone is affected worldwide.

Please use plain text.
Utterly

same issue. Purchased new Asha 303 and did a software update that day. On restarting after updating the screen just displays "contact Service". Took phone back to retailer and had it replaced. Decided to do the software update on the new phone (bad idea) and same result. Back to the retailer again tomorrow, this time I'll get them to update the phone while I'm there ..

If the updates  will consistantly kill the phone and this is obviously a known issue, why the %@*$ is the update still available?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KiwiFutura

[ Edited ]

I tried to update my Nokia 303 and the screen flashed a few times after it said the download was successful and then I got the screen of death... "CONTACT SERVICE"

I'll take the phone in tommorrow...

I agree with the previous post, why is the update available when it clearly fails?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

The update will not kill the phone if its installed properly. There are many reasons for the failure of updates such as:
1. Unstable internet connection.
2. PC unstable.
3. Usb cable removed during updates.
4. Pc shut down or hang during updates.
5. Phone not completely charged prior to updates.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PvtJoker

In addition to above, the update available now (in October 2012) is not the same as the one in the beginning of this thread, so the problem is probably not related to a specific update. In any case, once the update has gone wrong there is no way to restore the phone yourself.

I would suggest performing updates only with Nokia Suite and a PC, if possible. The Over The Air update process (that is downloading the update directly to the phone) is still not quite as reliable in my experience. ng85's advice about possible reasons for a failed update above are very good; I would just add that if you use a laptop, you should always plug it in to AC power (wall socket) when you attempt updating your phone.

Mobile phones: 3310, 3510i¹
Smartphones: N70¹, N82, E50¹, 6220 Classic¹, 6710s Navigator¹,X6-00, N97 mini¹, 700¹, Asha 311¹
In the family: C2-01¹, Asha 303¹
¹ Still in working condition
Please use plain text.