Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Asha 303

nicaroa07

Nokia Asha 303 messaging problems

Hi there, ive been using nokia asha 303 since a week ago, i may say it is a very good phone so far. Although im having problems in messaging. Oftentimes, whenever i send messages, others receive it although sometimes it wont send even if my signal bars are full. Also, im not able to receive text messages as well, or if i do, i receive them after hours from the time they have sent it. It also has same problems in outgoing and ingoing calls too, but im pretty much more of a texter.. XD Id like to know whether its the device's network setting or if it's my service provider that is the problem. I havent inserted any other sim except of the same service provider because it is sim-locked to Sun Cellular. Ive tried sending and texting that number in the dual mode, 3G and GSM network mode, still the same outcome. My service provider is sun cellular, from the philippines. Answers and suggestions are very well appreciated. Thank you very much :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
nicaroa07

Re: Nokia Asha 303 messaging problems

Btw, ive also tried inserting the sim in other phones, and it received and sent texts normally.. It may be the device's problem.. Any help please? Thank youu...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SauleBaltaa

Also have the same problem with my Nokia Asha 303.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi guys,

have you tried checking for firmware updates through Nokia Suite or through your phone? First point of call would be this. Otherwise if there is no updates available, backup your data onto your computer / memory card, and restore your phone to factory settings.

Let us know how you get on.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
edgat

Hi,

I also experienced the same problem. I also downloaded and installed the new firmware. I'd even restore it to its original factory settings and also switch network from Dual to 3G to GSM with different network provider and the problem still persist. I dont know what to do with this phone anymore.

Please nokia if your phone does not support any network in asia, then dont sell any.

If anybody knows how to fix this problem please post the solution here or post it somewhere where people can find it. So we dont waste our time and money buying such phone like this.

Please use plain text.
PapaEd

I'm on the Smart Network and I don't encounter this problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tibi89

Hy i want to know how can i block a number for nokia 303 asha , can someone pls help me !!

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi Tibi89,

Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions!

Usually, call blocking is a feature you can get by downloading call blocker apps. Call Blocker apps are not available for S40 phones such as Asha 303. See this link for the explanation:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Phone-Applications/Call-Blocker-software-for-J2ME-supported-Nokia-Ph...

You can try to check with your network provider if they offer call blocking service. 

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mckobby

i have problem with my email app and chat app, and also my shortcuts have been limited, i place another sim in the phone and nw i cant access my shortcuts, finally my phone cant access the new software update, help me pls.
Please use plain text.