2013-07-06 7:48 - edited 2013-07-06 7:57
1. Auto update email notification remove
2.Rediffmail remove in mail box
3. Music app (downloader) Remove
4. Orkut app Remove
5. Chat app Remove
6. Social app Remove ( facebook & twitter & what app available )
7. No new Software available in update version like ( google plus,youtube app,flicker,linkedin )
8. NOT update new bluetooth versions 3.1
9. No any inbuilt antivirus or (not available in nokia ovi store)
10.Nokia browser is not working on many sites
Nokia asha 306 old software v. 5.93 is better then new v .7.43 pls do not update your old software v. 5.93 (what app working old v.5.93)
2013-07-09 16:50 - edited 2013-07-09 16:57
We cannot comment on the future software updates of the phone.
If you have issues concerning the phone aside from those you have mentioned above which you can raise here: https://ideasproject.com/ and which we can take as a feedback and share with the team, feel free to post them in the forum.
Some return comments:
* Asha phones do not need Antivirus software, read here why.
* hardware capabilities like Bluetooth simply can't be updated to a newer version via SW update.
* Email notifications have been indeed removed and we are currently investigating the situation.
* The new standalone Twitter & Facebook (+ other messager apps, like Whataspp, eBuddy etc.) apps replace the old Social client. That's was expected.
* The phone already supports video streaming. You can easily add m.youtube.com shortcut to you browser bookmarks.
* The SW update usually mostly concentrates on changes in phone software, rather than introducing a lot of new 3rd party applications as for app delivery we have Nokia Store. But there are of course exception to this. For example the Whatsapp launcher was added in the update.
* Can you give an example of a site where Nokia Browser is not working?
thanx bro but we need
1. youtube aap,google plus,linkedin , flickr, news headlines aap in main menu (not in browser bookmark)
2. Auto Email notifications + rediffmail
3. eBuddy is not working (test pls) then replace( better now old chat aap-sw 5.93)
4. software hang problem in New Sw 7.43
5. uptodate nokia map (as google map) wrong landmark showing
6. nokia browser not working indian websites( train runing information, bsnl )
also include the option to install whatsapp on memory card instead of main memory as it is using quite a bit of phone memory space
From the comments, looks like the new update is worse than older version. I was trying to update to newer version but a message pops up that i need to free up about 1.5MB of phone memory. But I cannot as all the phone memory is occupied by the system files & I am not being allowed to delete those.
Do you have recommendation:
1. Are there advantages to upgrade to new version
2. how to resolve the memory issue
installing the update via Nokia Suite is a workaround, if there's not enough space to update the phone via Over-The-Air. Asha 306 has only a very limited amount of internal storage space, which can lead into this type of issues.
The main advantage of the 7.42 SW update is updated versions of many of the preloaded applications. http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/N
And please give memory card format option and bass option in music player equalizer in new firmware update. Skpye for asha 306 would be also needed.