Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Asha 306 problems

Advisor
Jokuri

Nokia Asha 306 problems

[ Edited ]

1.- How do i know if my PC has bluetooth?

2.- Why on the available Wi-fi when you scroll down the little tongue there only are Open wifis but when i go to settings > connectivity i see many more wi-fi, however i can't connect to them?

3.- How much does a USB wire cost in euros, and can i buy it from the same store where i bought the phone?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jokuri

Reply, please?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kirksnap

Hi Jokuri, 

1. To check if there's Bluetooth on your PC right click My Computer, select System Properties, then System Devices, then Hardware. If your computer has Bluetooth, it will be shown under one of the categories, probably communciations.
  2. If you see that there are other WiFi connections but you can't connect to it, it's either the connection has a secure connection and needs a password or you need to manually put in all the settingson your phone. 
  3. Regarding the USB cable, it would be better to contact our local Nokia facilities here for more assistance. 
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jokuri

Thank you for answering. No, i don't have a bluetooth pc...

I do put the password of the network but it still doesnt work, even having 75% strength with the connection, it doesnt let me connect to the WIFI.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jokuri

Answer please? Oh and, do i need a SIM card to be able to connect to Wi-fI?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

No you don't :smileyhappy:
You can connect to wifi without a sim card. Just make sure that your phone is not in Flight Mode :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jokuri

I still can't connect to it.

I go to Options, then Wi-Fi, select my wi-fi network and then put the password. After like 5 seconds, i get this message: "Network no longer available" or something like that.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jokuri

Bump

Reply D:< do i really need 2 posts to get someone to answer me? T_T this nokia problem is freaking me out.

"The network is no longer available" thats what it says when i try to connect to my Wi-fi network.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Network no longer available means that you are actually little far from the wifi antenna.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jokuri

That's impossible, i even tried putting my phone near my router. What can it be then?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hothbaloch

hwllo . i have problem in my nokia asha 306.. its not browsing inteernet through wifi
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jokuri

Okaaaaay, please answer us this time, i will explain it fully this time:

I have a Nokia Asha 306, everything looks fine.

Then, i go to Options > Wi-Fi > and then select the wi-fi network that i made from my computer.
After that, i put the password, i verify its the same on my computer, press OK, and almost instantly (1 or 2 seconds later) it says: Network no longer available.

I WASN'T FAR AWAY FROM THE WI-FI SOURCE.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

If you want to browse the internet on your phone using network created by your pc then install connectify software.

Search Connectify on web.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jokuri

That's exactly what i use for giving Wi-fi all over my house. I don't think that the problem is related to my internet but to the phone, since i have perfect Wi-fi connection with my XBOX360 and my iPod.

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Jokuri wrote:

That's exactly what i use for giving Wi-fi all over my house. I don't think that the problem is related to my internet but to the phone, since i have perfect Wi-fi connection with my XBOX360 and my iPod.

Then, you may update the software of your phone. Before updating, use Nokia Suite to back up your phone. You can be sure that your contacts, messages, calendar entries, tasks, web feeds, and other important stuff are backed up safely. The contents of your phone memory and memory card, such as photos and videos, are safe and won’t be affected during the update.

You can use the link to download the Nokia Suite: www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

1. Connect the phone you want to back up to your computer with a USB cable. On your phone, select Nokia Suite (or PC Suite) and then select OK.

2. In Nokia Suite, click Tools then Backup. Nokia Suite shows you a list of the content types that you can back up and prepares a list of information that can be backed up.

3. Select the information that you want to back up. If you want to change where the backup file is saved, click Browse and choose another location. If you have a lot of music, photos or videos on your phone, including them in the backup will cause the backup process to be slower.

4. Click Start to begin backing up. Do not disconnect or switch off your phone during the backup. If you need to stop the backup, click Stop. Nokia Suite will reach a safe stop point and will then stop the backup.

5. Click Finish to close the window after the backup is complete.

To update your phone software, you can follow the steps below:

1. In Nokia Suite, select Tools then Software updates. If an update is available for your phone, you can see it here along with any other updates that are available.

2. Click Install to start the installation. During the installation, Nokia Suite takes you through the following steps:

• Get started

• Back up (recommended)

• Install

• Restore (optional)

• Finish

Please do not disconnect your phone until the installation is completely finished. Doing so might cause damage to your phone or result in its contents being lost.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jokuri

Well, i just tried and i have no updates needed for my phone.

What do i do then?

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

To isolate the issue, have you tried other WiFi connection? For example, a public WiFi. Let us know the outcome so we can check for another solution.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jokuri

Just checked. Works perfectly on a public network near my school.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jokuri

So uh... any answers?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Change the sharing mode in connectify.
Try WPA2,
Open(this has no password, insecure) and
WEP.

Then mark the two other options at the bottom in Firewall.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.