Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Asha 501 Dual Sim damn funny

Contributor
goldenbird1985

Nokia Asha 501 Dual Sim damn funny

Hi,
I have been using Nokia Asha 501 Dual Sim for about 3 months now. Unfortunately I have been regularly visiting Nokia Care at King's Way Camp for repair 4 times but the people there aren't qualified to repair even a simple problem I have in my phone. I bought it from THE MOBILE STORE at KAMLA NAGAR for ₹ 5250/-..
Not long ago after using new Nokia Asha, I began to face some serious problem.
1. While browsing fb,the phone hung up. I switched off and restarted it. It work fine after that.
2. The Phonebook went totally blank not able to see anything. I restarted the phone after that it work fine.
3. The battery backup is damn bad. It didn't even last for 48 hours...
I gave it back to Nokia Care for repair. Everything work fine till now but the battery backup damn poor though it's a new phone..
The Nokia Agent present there and THE MOBILE STORE people at the time of purchase made me believe whatsapp would start working after a month but in reality,it's not working till now.
I have taken to Nokia Care many times. The Nokia Company people phoned me later to enquire about their products but as I was busy with something,they hung up the phone and never ever phone me back till today...
The serious problem i have right now is whenever I made phonecalls,the phone would blink making it hard to press power button. Nokia Care Technician can't do anything or they don't know how to repair or solve my problem....
I'll dump Nokia and go for Samsung Galaxy.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
goldenbird1985

I was hoping Nokia suits me but now I came to know their True Colours... People at Nokia Care can't tell when whatsapp will start working.
Browsing YouTube,picture damn bad as it doesn't support wmv or 3gp. It has only 2.5 G network,not even supporting 3 G....
Planned to sell this phone at lower price and go for Samsung Galaxy S Duos....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
goldenbird1985

I have used Nokia 2700 classic.. That phone damn perfect and picture,sound quality OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Damn like that phone very much.
Other thing,I'm using Nokia 6700slider. It supports 3G and damn good..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Well most of these are software issues which is not developed by Nokia Care. Its the core Nokia development team which does this.
Nokia Care can only repair hardware faults or flash the phone with the firmware files developed by the dev team. For the rest, just wait if a software update is pushed to your phone which might improve the experience.

WhatsApp is coming soon. I'd say it will be here in a month from now. Talking about 3G you should've checked already if the phone has 3G or not. Get a S duos which is like double the price of the 501 for which you can easily get a Lumia 520 as well.
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

@singhnsk :

One month :smileytongue: or Before :smileyvery-happy: Let them push a SW update this month itself  :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

^ LOL I hope I'm not proved wrong yet again. Hope it comes :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.