Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 501 Factory reset and keyboard bug

Contributor
mmitkar

Nokia Asha 501 Factory reset and keyboard bug

When you do a factory reset and restore the phone to the last back up point, your app store and xpress browser stops working. I have tried accessing the internet via wifi and not the mobile internet.

You just do the factory reset and download an app or surf internet on xpress browser, it works perfectly fine. However once you do the restore it stops working. You can surf internet using Opera mini, that means wifi internet is working fine on the phone.

Error on app store: 'Downloading Failed'.

Error on xpress browser: 'can't load this page at the moment. Please try again later'.

Keyboard Bug:

when typing in portrait mode, keys on extreme right side (P,L,backspace and enter) are less resposive to touch. Same is the case of the keys on the extreme left side (Q,A,Caps and symbol). I have to keep on touching in order to make it work.

Nokia team, please find a solution to this asap. My phone is not even one month old. This is really diappointing.

Let me know if you need more details.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Nokia Asha 501 Factory reset and keyboard bug

Are you running 10.0.2 to 10.0.14 software as can't reproduce your keyboard issues with latter version?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mmitkar

@ scoobyman: version of which software you are asking for?
Keyboard version or the OS. How to get that?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Go to phone and key in *#0000# and should get similar screen to this, although apologies for image quality as taking of screenshots not possible: 

IMG 1667

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mmitkar

Thanks!

Here you go.

Model: 501
Type: RM-902
MCU version: 10.0.2
ROFS Version: 10.0.2
Content Version: 10.0.2
Product code: 059T1N5
Date: 2013-05-19 11:38:39
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

No reported bugs so far here: http://developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Firmware_change_logs_for_Nokia_Asha_(Series_40)_devices

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mmitkar

So what should I consider this? My phones defect if its not a bug?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

As keyboard problem appears to be at periphery of touch screen, it seems suspiciously like a hardware issue unfortunately.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mmitkar

I have checked 3 different Nokia 501.... and their keyboard were working absolutly fine.

Well I have submitted my phone to Nokia Care, lets see wat happens.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

About the backup and restore thing, i don't know why Nokia decides to cut out the good features. The backup and restore system in older S40/Asha phones worked better as users were allowed to select what is backuped. Backing up and restoring pre-installed apps always creates a problem.

I hope Nokia will update the backup application and include the option to select what is backuped. Until then the problem will remain.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mmitkar

I just got an update from Nokia Care that they have accepted that there is an intermittent keys not reponding issue to the phone and for that my phone has been sent to some Nokia Expert Care.

Since this is definately a manufacturing defect, I have a question to Nokia, will I get a complete phone replacement or the phone's faulty part will be repaired?

I had bought this phone from the offical Nokia site hoping to get the genuine phone but this is coming out to be completely opposite.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mmitkar

Nokia, Can you please let me know who can answer my question or where can I get an answer for my question?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nonec

i have the same problem with you. but i dont have the keyboard issue. but mine is worst after reset, my phone cannot be on. it just stuck at the nokia then blank black screen and nothing happens. NOKIA, is there anyway to fix this?? thanks>

Please use plain text.
Advisor
noklv

Remove batt. for 5 min. then try to switch on. If not solved.

Try again same manner but with removing MMC card also.
If problem persist. Goto nearest Nokia Care centre.

Good luck

Please use plain text.