Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 501 - Xpress Browser

bnhg
Accepted Solution

Nokia Asha 501 - Xpress Browser

[ Edited ]

sir please help me .. me in trouble my asha 501 dual after restore not show nokia xpress browser please urgant help :smileysad:  its show only blank screen and click on start page option than the browser show google page ....

Moderator's note: We amended the subjects as we provide a topic touched on subjects so others can easily search for the same topic.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Problems with nokia asha 501

[ Edited ]

Currently, we are not aware of any solution for this, excepct to go for a Nokia Care Point and their tools. They are able to refurbish the firmware/software of your phone. Do you remember what you did before that happend?

Moderator's note: We amended the subjects as we provide a topic touched on subjects so others can easily search for the same topic.

Please use plain text.
eradu

i have the same problem after updating the xpress browser.

i reset the phone and now its no xpress browser just a browser with google as start page

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Re: Nokia Asha 501 - Xpress Browser

What happens when you re-install the browser from http://download.browser.ovi.com/ ? I feel in the worst case you'll have two icons, one opening the default browser and the other opening the Xpress. Let's see how it goes? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shawmk

I have also the same problem and app now also disappeared.
When i reinstall the xpress browser it shown in my memory card.so disgusting condition..
Please use plain text.
bnhg

sir me reset my phone then start this problem ... and me go to download.browser.ovi.com but they rply me your phone not in list :smileysad: attecment photo same rply me on mobile phone asha 501

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

bnhg, with previous phones (Nokia Series 40), the solution was to start the native web browser (via an SMS URL) and go to this download page. With the new Asha Software Platform in your Nokia Asha 501, there is no native browser anymore. Because we do not know a solution (yet), your software is broken. To fix that, you use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

Please use plain text.
bnhg

hiii sir me fix this problem yahooooooo :thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
bnhg

me use UC browse and type this link download.browser.ovi.com and they work and me download xpress browser its look like a new browser  :smileyhappy: me successfuly solve this problem ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pratheesh32999

[ Edited ]

I'm also having the same problem, so as said i tried to open this http://download.browser.ovi.com/ link n download the file using UC Browser.

finally i downloaded the file.

now the prbm start's it has downloaded a file by name OviBrowser_AME_jad which is of 6.8kB.

when i click on the downloaded file it shows " Sorry. There's no app to open this file type".

so finally i tried to change the name by just removing the underscore(_) nd put a dot(.). so the file became OviBrowser_AME.jad.

now when i try to click on this renamed file it shows..

Error
can't install: file:///usr/_memory_card/OviBrowser_AME.jar.

can any one plz help me on this..... what to do next??????? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Open that .jad file with Notepad and copy the jar url, when you copy and paste this jar url, the jar file will be downloaded.

Now place the two files .jad and.jar in the same directory and the app should open.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pratheesh32999

Kudossss,

Finallyyy it worked with all the above procedures..

now i'm able to access the xpress browser....

Thanks guys,

it was a great help nd a usefull solution.

Regards,

A G Pratheesh.

Please use plain text.
ben21nadela

[ Edited ]

hello sir. may I ask the jar file....i could not downdload from my browser. tnx. just attach it to my email.  *********@gmail.com

Moderator's note: We have edited the email address because it is unwise to post personal information in this forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Swadhin89

Sir i have same problem but can't understand your solution can u please send an attachment :s:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Swadhin89 wrote:
I can't understand your solution.

I do not understand it either, yet. Therefore, another way:

1. on my computer, I downloaded the attached file (see below)
  2. extracted that ZIP file
  3. beamed the JAD and JAR over to your Nokia Asha 501 either via
    a) Bluetooth,
    b) microSD card-reader, or
    c) Micro-USB cable (mode Mass-Storage).
Please use plain text.
techadik

Thanks! it helps me a lot!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zafar6006

how u fix it

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Edsoni

Hello admini, Why cant you upgrade OVI browser from version 3.9 and add other new features like clipborad, copy and paste, making phone calls and SMS, desktop browsing mode, zoom view for photos etc?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
snaman551

hii plsss help me out in this xpress browser problem i've download the jad file and renamed it with .jad and i again downloaded the file and renames it with.jar but still its not working plss give me steps to do this p

Srikanthsd wrote:
Open that .jad file with Notepad and copy the jar url, when you copy and paste this jar url, the jar file will be downloaded.

Now place the two files .jad and.jar in the same directory and the app should open.

Hope this helps.

lssssssss

Please use plain text.
eshiejamz

Please use plain text.