Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha 501 dual Sim - Not Connect Internet to ...

SKanyan

Nokia Asha 501 dual Sim - Not Connect Internet to pc via Bluetooth/Cable whlle drive are also installed on pc

Nokia Asha 501 dual Sim - Not Connect Internet to pc via Bluetooth/Cable whlle drive are also installed on pc

Step followed as describe by nokia care executive  but there after internet is not connected to pc through cable

Giving error 720 in window 7

error 718 in window xp

Whereas internet working fine on mobile browser/apps

-----------------------------------------------------

installed driver

http://nds1.nokia.com/Nokia_Connectivity_Cable_Driver/Nokia_Connectivity_Cable_Driver.exe

Now, follow the below mentioned steps:

You need to have a mobile data connection subscribed for your SIM card. Data transmission costs may apply.

1. Make sure you have inserted a SIM card in the phone.
2. Connect your phone to your PC with a compatible USB cable.
3. On your phone, select Modem as the connection mode, and wait until all drivers are installed.

If you’re using Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista:

1. On your PC, click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center, and click Set up a new connection or network.
2. Click Connect to the Internet > Dial-Up from the pop up window > Dial-up.
3. Type in *99# as the dial-up phone number, and click Connect.
4. To disconnect, click the connection status icon on the taskbar, highlight the connection name, and click Disconnect.

If you’re using Windows XP:

1. On your PC, click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections.
2. Click Create a connection to the network at your workplace.
3. Click Dial-up connection from the popup window.
4. Type in anything you want for the company name, and *99# for the phone number.
5. Click Create a shortcut on desktop, and click OK.
6. To connect to the internet, double-click the dial-up connection shortcut on your desktop.
7. To disconnect, double-click the connection status icon on the taskbar, and click Disconnect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-

this phone is not good if it not connect internet to pc via cable /bluetooth

Please use plain text.
vihaan11

Re: Nokia Asha 501 dual Sim - Not Connect Internet to pc via Bluetooth/Cable whlle drive are also installed on pc

hi guys 

inspite of following above procedure i could not connect my noki 501 to pc as modem...

message displayed , Error 777.

so  i could access internet on my pc ( lap top)

Please use plain text.
Roushu

Re: Nokia Asha 501 dual Sim - Not Connect Internet to pc via Bluetooth/Cable whlle drive are also installed on pc

[ Edited ]

Its not solving the problem. An error 633 comes up each time I try to establish a connection. I think NOKIA ENGINEERS should do something in this regard otherwise I am going to take this case to consumer forum.
SHASHANK PANDEY
09XXXXXXXXX

Moderator's Note: The phone number was removed. Please do not publish personal information in a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunKRISSHna

asha 502 as modem

hey! i downloaded and installed the nokia connectivity driver and followed what was said in the nokia support video on using nokia asha as modem. but when i try to connect to the internet, it shows internal modem error. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunKRISSHna

Re: asha 502 as modem

i have bsnl mobile as sim1and idea as sim 2, both with a working data connection.My pc runs on windows7 32bit.

thanks 4 noticing :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunKRISSHna

yes my bsnl apn is bsnl net and for idea its idea internet. i dialled *99# while doing what was said in the support video. wud i have to make changes if i am connecting to the web using idea sim....????
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunKRISSHna

i typed in AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","Bsnl net" and clicked ok. but there is no change keeps showing error 692:there was a hrdware failure in d modem(or other conectng device)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunKRISSHna

do i have to insert any ip adress at the position of "IP" while adding the extra initialisation commands...??? pls help me
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arunKRISSHna

still no luck. shows internal modem error.... :smileysad: bought thus phone jst so that i cud use it as a modem.... i even already disconnected my broadband connection....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

We have to determine together your access-point name (APN) for Internet. Therefore, which network operator do you use, and in which country do you live? If you are in India, in which region do you live? Alternatively, if you know your APN already: What is it?

Please use plain text.