Nokia Asha 501 dual Sim - Not Connect Internet to pc via Bluetooth/Cable whlle drive are also installed on pc
Step followed as describe by nokia care executive but there after internet is not connected to pc through cable
Giving error 720 in window 7
error 718 in window xp
Whereas internet working fine on mobile browser/apps
Now, follow the below mentioned steps:
You need to have a mobile data connection subscribed for your SIM card. Data transmission costs may apply.
1. Make sure you have inserted a SIM card in the phone.
2. Connect your phone to your PC with a compatible USB cable.
3. On your phone, select Modem as the connection mode, and wait until all drivers are installed.
If you’re using Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista:
1. On your PC, click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center, and click Set up a new connection or network.
2. Click Connect to the Internet > Dial-Up from the pop up window > Dial-up.
3. Type in *99# as the dial-up phone number, and click Connect.
4. To disconnect, click the connection status icon on the taskbar, highlight the connection name, and click Disconnect.
If you’re using Windows XP:
1. On your PC, click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections.
2. Click Create a connection to the network at your workplace.
3. Click Dial-up connection from the popup window.
4. Type in anything you want for the company name, and *99# for the phone number.
5. Click Create a shortcut on desktop, and click OK.
6. To connect to the internet, double-click the dial-up connection shortcut on your desktop.
7. To disconnect, double-click the connection status icon on the taskbar, and click Disconnect.
this phone is not good if it not connect internet to pc via cable /bluetooth
inspite of following above procedure i could not connect my noki 501 to pc as modem...
message displayed , Error 777.
so i could access internet on my pc ( lap top)
11-01-2014 21:21 - last edited on 21-01-2014 13:24 by musica
Its not solving the problem. An error 633 comes up each time I try to establish a connection. I think NOKIA ENGINEERS should do something in this regard otherwise I am going to take this case to consumer forum.
Moderator's Note: The phone number was removed. Please do not publish personal information in a public forum.
hey! i downloaded and installed the nokia connectivity driver and followed what was said in the nokia support video on using nokia asha as modem. but when i try to connect to the internet, it shows internal modem error.
21-01-2014 21:07 - edited 21-01-2014 21:08
We have to determine together your access-point name (APN) for Internet. Therefore, which network operator do you use, and in which country do you live? If you are in India, in which region do you live? Alternatively, if you know your APN already: What is it?