Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha & the WhatsApp app

Registered Member
Hymnyiu

Re: Nokia Asha & the WhatsApp app

Im using Asha 305 and my whatsapp suddenly become unanble to use. Its says that its error and needs a update on the software. But i tried to update my phone with both the computer and the phone itself but it still didnt help.
Can someone help me?
Please use plain text.
PrakashGupta

When Nokia Asha 501 launched in May 2013, that time it said it will support What's app in next update but after 3-4 months there is no update for whatsapp support. please tell when will it available?:confused:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Hymnyiu wrote:
Im using Asha 305 and my whatsapp suddenly become unanble to use. Its says that its error.

Please, we need the error message word-for-word.

PrakashGupta wrote:

When Nokia Asha 501 launched …

There you go …

If you subscribe to that thread, you are notified by email when the situation changes.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JFsticky

The only way I can think of, is to switch off your mobile data, at your connectivity. then your connections would be off, and you can only connect trew wifi. if ther's no wifi then you can just switch the mobile connection on for that period..... Strongs with the prob..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
neyol

My asha311 has two whatapp icons .what can i do. HELP
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nirantak

--> Why can't I enter text and emoji in the same line in asha 311.

--> And the keyboard also does not turn sideways....

pls. help  

Please use plain text.
arjoonrsingh

Even updating my Asha 311and WhatsApp problem still exists. WhatsApps comes up with 'terms and conditons' and does not allow to select 'accept'. When u go to terms and conditions and scroll to the bottom, 'accept' and exit does not appear. Also cannot delete WhatsApp as it lies in the phone memory. Contacted  Nokia, on their advice updated phone software through Nokia Suite, WhatsApp still appears in the phone memory and cannot be deleted.

Even tried placing  2nd update in the memory folder, still reverts to terms and conditons'.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
archuw

I am facing a similar problem. It has started coming after updaing whatsapp to the latest version. After pressing the whatsapp icon, accept and exit are visible on the screen and a link to terms and conditions. The link to terms and conditions takes me to the whatsapp web page which has terms and conditions. This page has no accept button.  When i press accept on the local whatsapp application on my phone, nothing happens. When i press exit, whatsapp application exits.

If anyone has any clue about how to resolve the same, kindly post.

Please use plain text.
arjoonrsingh

Able to sort WhatsApp on my Asha 311 by going to setting and selecting 'restore factory' and 'all'. You will have to first do a back up of your data on your pc via nokia suite 3.8...'tools' then 'backup'. as all your contacts, messages and settings will be cleared from your cell memory. Your can restore this after the phone restarts by selecting tools and restore from nokia suite on your pc. WhatsApp should come up asking for accept and phone no. All the best.
Please use plain text.
Hopedey1

how do i turn on my whatsapp so that it will be automaticaly connected to the internet?
Please use plain text.
Hopedey1

am using asha 201 and am having problem with my whatsapp..it does not connect me automaticaly to the internet for other whatsapp users to see me on.i need ur help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
123dfd

whatsapp in asha311  is once deleted . now not installing  what should  i  do ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
neyol

Hi everyone. If u r not on a dataplan than simply put ur phone data setting on always ask & thats it . None of ur app eats ur cradit.
Please use plain text.
Lectro

I have a Asha 302, I'm in Europe for a week, I have no data roaming. The hotel have an access point that i can use. Have treid all the settings on the web. I can not get Whatsapp to work. Please cab someone help.:confused:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@Lectro Menu » Settings » Configuration » Personal » (Options ») Add » not Web but Access-Point. Then, go to Menu » Settings » Configuration » Default and activate your own setting. If that does not help, do the same for ‘Web’. In both cases, you do not have to enter/change anything to get Wi-Fi working. If that does not help either, the Wi-Fi of your hotel might use WPA-Enterprise – but then you should get at least an error message. No error message? Then ask again, and we circumvent that captive portal of your hotel.

Please use plain text.