Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Asha internet WIFI connection problems

rob15

Nokia Asha internet WIFI connection problems

Hi , just purchased a Nokia Asha 302 to replace my Samsung Monte and having problems browsing the internet through my home WIFI broadband,(O2).

Have saved my WLAN to handset-which is connecting to my broadband wireless box successfully,however when I try to access any site on the Nokia browser I repeatedly get an error message which reads"no network coverage"-there is another message that reads"can't reach server right now-please check your connection and try again".

Have set up the Wlan connection as per instruction booklet -so really puzzled by this as having no problems connecting through 3g-however this is costly.

My Samsung handset found and connected to Wifi instantly and with no delay from day one so a bit dissappointed with the Asha 302 at present.

Thank You. Rob. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kirito

Re: Nokia Asha internet WIFI connection problems

did you try to browse the internet using a different browser? OM for example

Please use plain text.
rob15

Thank you for replying-no I didn't try downloading and using OM, but someone on another part of the message forum suggested trying to reset the 302 to factory settings-tried this and the phone is now connecting to my WIFI and I can browse using the Nokia browser.The handset is now working well and quickly-good video streaming of clips from youtube so happy with the handset now.Thanks Kirito.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lynseyj

whats the security code when you go onto factory settings on a new phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Its 12345 for Nokia.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.