i hav got problem in my Nokia X2-02 that when i update nokia browser it prompts me to keep original data or not i clicked yes aftr the update now conflicting items are shown and nokia browser niether sart it says conflicting items are there.
Experts please help
i have restored all settng and also formatted the phone
moreover i also reinstall the phone software through nokia PC suit but still issue is not resolved kindly help i will be very thank ful to you.
Solved! Go to Solution.
2012-12-15 12:46 - last edited on 2013-12-01 8:32 by HDcoffee
dear there is no kia browser in OVi store for nokia x2-02 i searched alot but could not find it
kindly Email me the .jar file if you had it
i will be really grateful to you
Moderator's note: email address removed, it is unwise to publish it on a public forum, use Private Message if you wish to share it.
2013-01-14 15:55 - edited 2013-01-14 15:56
Make sure to have stable internet connection. You can also try rebooting your device first then try again. If still the same, you can do factory reset on the phone:
Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone Management > Factory Settings>Settings only
This will only restore the phone settings. Personal data such as contacts and messages will not be affected
I had same problem for 2 months now but am glad my browser is working well now... What i did was that i tried something with my nokia chat, that could link me to my web browser for example. For example i tried to sign in on my nokia chat and it linked me to my browser. the next thing i did was to add bookmark of this http://download.browser.ovi.com/ so i opened the site and downloaded my browser and now its working fine.... Try and see guys
I'd like to add a bit on this message, because it is indeed possible to access the http://download.browser.ovi.com address from within nokia chat the next way (just it was not very clear from the post for me what needs to be done):
- start Nokia Chat (Messaging->More->Chat) and sign in with your chat account (Create chat account if neccessary)
- start a new conversation with anyone (a non-existing address will do as well)
- enter the download address (http://download.browser.ovi.com) to the message area and send the message.
- the message will appear with the download address shown as a link. Select the download address in the message. The phone starts the browser and redirects to the download page.
- download and install the browser. Hopefully this fixes the conflicting applications problem for you.