Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C3-00 Internet Connectivity problems

nnimo
Accepted Solution

Nokia C3-00 Internet Connectivity problems

For the last two days, I've been having a problem with connecting to the Internet from my C3 - I can't connect at all.

I always get the "Link not available, try again" and "Service not available" and "Packet data authentication failed" messages on all my browsers. I'm nowhere close to WiFi or WLAN networks, so I have to use the Internet settings via my mobile provider.

I have restarted it, formatted the phone via 'restore factory settings', but none of those options helped. I can't update the software on my phone...because my Internet is not working.

I've read a lot of forum discussions on this problem with C3 - is it that the phone is doomed to go down this route eventually, one way or another?

If anyone knows what I can do to restore my online life, please help me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Re: Nokia C3-00 Internet Connectivity problems

did you try using the phone with other sim? are other users of the same network in your area also facing the same problem? pls check this aspect too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
nnimo

Thanks, ng85. Everyone I've asked that uses the same mobile provider I'm on doesn't have a problem.

I've just switched SIMs with my sister, and the phone's now behaving....I can't believe that this is what it has come to, just to browse the Internet.

Thanks so much for your help!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manishmankad

I have a wifi at home and I do not want my C3 to connect to any other Internet when I am outside my home. But it does connect- 

I have mapped my wifi under the confriguration settings and WLAN but still when I open my Whatsapp outside my home, it searches and connects to the net- this causes drain on my call balance.

how do I prevent this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Nokia C3-00 » Menu » Settings » Configurations » delete all existing settings. Then in Personal, create a new Web and Access Point. Do not forget to activate each. If your network operator does not allow wildcards for the Internet Access Point Name (APN) this disables non-Wi-Fi. However, your battery is going to be drained because WhatsApp is trying to go online all day long – that takes more battery than staying online. Did that help?

Please use plain text.