Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X6 Keyguard broken off, now permanently lock...

Contributor
chriso906

Nokia X6 Keyguard broken off, now permanently locked!

Hello!

I have had an X6 for about a month now, and the slider keyguard on the phone had broken off. The phone is now in a permanent state of saying 'use keyguard to unluck keys and screen'. Obviously I cant because it doesnt work!!

I have tried leaving it switched off for 15 mins, and restating it. This lets me restart the time and date but then locks once the phone opens up. I have tried a drawing pin and paper clip to slide the keyguard without the keygoard but to no avial.

I'm going a bit loop so would love a solution to try and fix it just so I can get in my phone, then I can change the locking settings.

VIrgin have already told me I am not covered so I need to find a solution.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Nokia X6 Keyguard broken off, now permanently locked!

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately we cannot help you with any self repair here as it's against the rules to discuss disassembly.

We can't offer any software solutions either as you are unable to use the phone. If you were able to use it then you could use an app like "Best Screen Locker".

Your best option is to take the phone to a Nokia care point and ask them to quote you for the repair. If the phone is in overall good condition they may actually agree that it isn't your fault and fix it for free.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chriso906

I'm not after self repair advice, I am looking for a workaround solution to not using the slide function. Is there no alternative way of getting the phone working, no matter how abstract?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Like I said if you are unable to use the phone then there is no software solution. There are no workarounds if you are unable to use the screen.

You may be able to retrieve your data from it if it will connect to a PC in the correct mode but this won't allow you to use the phone.

You need to get it repaired, simple as that.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

chriso906 wrote:

This lets me restart the time and date but then locks once the phone opens up.

Does it lock immediately after Time/Date input or remains active for some time (15 to 30 seconds or till you use it without stopping?)  If it gives you some time before locking, you may try this before it locks...

Menu-->Settings-->Phone-->Phone Management-->Auto Keyguard-->Keyguard autolock period ...'NONE'...

But mind it, if this is successfull then your screen will remain active permanently and accidental use may take place..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chriso906

Yeah it locks straight away, ugh!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chriso906

OK, new update. When someone calls, I can unlock it when I answer. All I need to do now is work out how to switch off the lock feature. I tried the above but it locks as soon as I hang up. Any suggestions?
THanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chriso906

I think I sort of fixed it! Had to call myself, this enabled an'unlock' option on my phone on the touch screen. From here I just changed all the settings!! Love it!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Whilst the call is active can you access the main menu via the menu button?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chriso906

OK, new question!! Is there another way to lock the keys without using the flick switch at the side>?
THanks!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

You can do it using the screen locker app I linked to earlier in the thread. Try the demo version and see what you think.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tuckster

is there a free app that does the same ?

seems very trivial to me ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I've never found a free app that offers the same feature, you could try searching google and post what you find.

On the bright side the app is only $5 which is far cheaper than paying to get the phone fixed! Personally I'd just get it fixed as a crippled device would annoy the hell out of me.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Check this out..

http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/1531106/

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

@farby - that links to an older version of the screen locker demo from the link I posted above. It still requires the $5 payment to use it after the demo expires.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Thanx psychomania for the info..

One available at OVI is somewhat cheaper...

http://store.ovi.com/search?q=screen+lock

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lauren444

How did you manage to change the settings to prevent your phone from locking again when you had hung up the call? I have the same problem :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

farby wrote:

chriso906 wrote:

This lets me restart the time and date but then locks once the phone opens up.

Does it lock immediately after Time/Date input or remains active for some time (15 to 30 seconds or till you use it without stopping?)  If it gives you some time before locking, you may try this before it locks...

Menu-->Settings-->Phone-->Phone Management-->Auto Keyguard-->Keyguard autolock period ...'NONE'...

But mind it, if this is successfull then your screen will remain active permanently and accidental use may take place..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eddiexyx2

when it turns on it restarts but when i press the middle button it say slide the unlock to use the phone or something like tht

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

As soon as you see the Homescreen, start following the steps I have mentioned above. seems in your original settings, you might have set very little keyguard lock period.. so do it without giving any time to auto lock..

Please use plain text.