Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia XpressMusic 5310 Security code problem

Registered Member

Nokia XpressMusic 5310 Security code problem

Right,

I purchased the phone in December and I'm unable to get past the supplied security code

I haven't changed it at all and was wondering if this is common? ,

Please help

Thank you!

Chipperz
♥ 'z
His XpressMusic5310

Please use plain text.
Professor
xenogriff

Re: Nokia XpressMusic 5310 Security code problem

ur just turning the phone now after buying it in december? o.O

is the phone asking for a security code or a PIN code?

if its a security code, what security code are u trying? the default code for all nokia phones is 12345

if the phone is asking for a pin code, thats a code u would have to check with ur network provider to get

if my post helped u out, please click the Star next to it to add some KUDOS to my name :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Yeah i tried that but it says its not the right code and prompts me to do it again.. we don't have a local MyNokia Care thing.. round here so I can't visit one.. :\

12345 tried that but it still don't work

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

I'm assuming you bought the phone second hand and that the previous owner set the phone to activate security features if the SIM is changed and forgot about it.

Your only options are:

1) Contact the previous owner to get the security code off them, or

2) Take/send the phone to a Nokia Care Point with proof of ownership and have them reset the security code.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.